Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Apr 23, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #3,031 of 3,645
Hello there guys i require a bit of help. (NO IDEA WHAT IM DOING)
OK that's a bit of a lie I'm getting there slowly.
I am planing to convert my Ipod 6th gen to a CF card, as im sick of dieing hard drives.
I am seriously considering putting on rockbox at the same time to sort out issues i have with the existing system.
my questions are:
Do i have to convert all my music from itunes to something else?
if so is there a fast way of doing so?
I know this is a silly question but:
Will it work with the CF card?
Will it work with Windows 8?
Any advise or other info you may think i need will be much appreciated.
Cheers
Puxley

Apr 24, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #3,032 of 3,645
It doesn't, but of course it can be used as a USB mass storage device (like a USB flash drive). Perhaps I wrongly assumed that's what Kamikazy was trying to do?

My car stereo (Pioneer) has ipod control option, but with regular build of Rockbox doesnt work of course...

But as your build changes the USB ID, i assume the car stereo should 'think' its a regular USB flash drive and work as USB mass storage...But it doesnt, it enters panic mode.

Apr 24, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #3,034 of 3,645
  Hello there guys i require a bit of help. (NO IDEA WHAT IM DOING)
OK that's a bit of a lie I'm getting there slowly.
I am planing to convert my Ipod 6th gen to a CF card, as im sick of dieing hard drives.
I am seriously considering putting on rockbox at the same time to sort out issues i have with the existing system.
my questions are:
Do i have to convert all my music from itunes to something else?
if so is there a fast way of doing so?
I know this is a silly question but:
Will it work with the CF card?
Will it work with Windows 8?
Any advise or other info you may think i need will be much appreciated.
Cheers
Puxley

Rockbox should work I think, however not sure if it's available for 6th gen.  The only files that I could never get to play on rockbox are m4b files or audiobooks.  Aside from that I think just about anything plays,

Apr 26, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #3,035 of 3,645

Rockbox should work I think, however not sure if it's available for 6th gen.  The only files that I could never get to play on rockbox are m4b files or audiobooks.  Aside from that I think just about anything plays,

Yes, it sure is and it works great. Please refer to my posts a couple of pages back. It's well worth it in my opinion. So far, I haven't found any of my music to not work on it and I have everything from FLAC in both 16/44 and 24/96, AAC and MP3. It works great!

Dave

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #3,036 of 3,645
Hi all,

Been serching the boards for some much needed info, but the massive treasure of information
to be found within the forums has somewhat overwhelmed me . needless to say i have failed miserably to find what it is I am looking for.

First of all let me apologize if my question might seem lame, it migt have been answered a thousand times already on here,
nonetheless, here goes nothing.

I have a rockbox'ed ipod classic 160gb (thin), I also recently picked up a theorem 720.
however, everytime i try to connect my ipod to the theorem  it goes to usb file transfer mode.
when it should be connecting as a usb host.

I have read numerous times in the forums that rockbox'ed ipod classics does have a usb issue with CLAS -db and HP-P1
is there something i should be doing or setting up to get around this? a solution or an update I have not found searching the boards.

thanks very much and apologies for the long post.. it is my first post in head-fi.. :)

cheers all!

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #3,037 of 3,645
Hi, my friends...

How about battery life in your rockboxed Clasucs 6/7 G´s?

I have a modified Classic 7G vith a 240 g HD and 850mh battery, with a great battery life with original firmware (easily 43-45 hours). I instlaled rockbox a year or so ago, and it drained battery drastically.

Thanks, my friends.

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #3,038 of 3,645
I have a rockbox'ed ipod classic 160gb (thin), I also recently picked up a theorem 720.
however, everytime i try to connect my ipod to the theorem  it goes to usb file transfer mode.

Rockbox on the iPod Classic doesn't support digital out, it can only present itself as a USB mass storage device. The Theorem 720 won't work with it.

May 1, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #3,041 of 3,645
  Hi, my friends...

I have a modified Classic 7G vith a 240 g HD and 850mh battery, with a great battery life with original firmware (easily 43-45 hours). I instlaled rockbox a year or so ago, and it drained battery drastically.

Thanks, my friends.

Should be quite a lot better than the Apple firmware IIRC.  

May 2, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #3,042 of 3,645
  Hi, my friends...

Thanks, my friends.

Well, if you installed Rockbox a year ago and just now drained your battery that's an impressive battery life
biggrin.gif

Kidding, but make sure you're running a newer (daily) build to have the best max running time. On these builds the CPU should scale down to 54 MHz (Check at System > Debug >  View HW info) and the LCD should switch itself off when the lockswitch is on.

May 5, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #3,045 of 3,645

Well, if you installed Rockbox a year ago and just now drained your battery that's an impressive battery life
biggrin.gif

Kidding, but make sure you're running a newer (daily) build to have the best max running time. On these builds the CPU should scale down to 54 MHz (Check at System > Debug >  View HW info) and the LCD should switch itself off when the lockswitch is on.

Thanks very much for your reply, mu friend. I think I´ll try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back