Ipod classic(160g) + westone es5 + which amp ????
Mar 17, 2011 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

yop03

New Head-Fier
Hello~
I use Ipod classic(160g) and westone es5 (it will arrive soon.)
Which portable amp is best choice for me?

I have no idea about amp. please help me.

Mar 17, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #2 of 5
What price range are you looking at? How portable do you need it to be?

Not a recommendation per se, but I picked up an ibasso D2+ from another headfier yesterday, and have been stunned with the difference it has made to my classic 160g/Westone UM3X combo. Almost the best $100ish bucks I've ever spent on audio!!! I was looking at an ibasso T3D ($135) which would be little more portable, but....

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:30 AM Post #3 of 5
hi,

I am also interested in buying an amp for my W5 (will arrive in about 3 weeks). Same like you I bought an iPod classic and want to know what would be worth or not.

I thought to start, because it will be my first amp, with an Electric Avenues PA2V2. It is not expensive at all and good for starters ...

Can some help yop03 and me? :)

Mar 23, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #4 of 5
There so many good amps out there. I suggest you to check skylab review. But keep it mind that it is his opinion. Its better that you compare those amps yourself and decide which one is the best.

I have an iQube and it is really good with my ES3X but some people said that meier stepdance is even better.

Mar 23, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #5 of 5
thank you for your quick reply.

I'll take a look at this site and come back to this subject after I informed me or even own it to report something and make some suggestions.

That's quite interesting because I came to the conclusion that there is something with this meier stepdance. There really many users with ES5's who also own this amp. I'll also take a look at this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back