iPod Battery: The Definitive Word
Mar 6, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #46 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungClayB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was wondering the same thing earlier today...after several google searches, I finally decided to pay a little more and order the top of the line replacement from iPodJuice.com. The battery I ordered is 1200 mAh and is supposed to last 2x as long as the original 4G battery.

Other sites had cheaper batteries, but the highest capacity I could find (excluding iPodJuice.com) was 1100 mAh.

Another reason I went with iPodJuice.com was that the quality of the tools they supply to open the iPod case seemed to be of much higher quality than the competitors.

I should have the battery in a few days; I'll repost with my impressions.

-Clay

Or not. My flippin iPod's hard drive just crashed. This is very frustrating...

Apr 23, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #49 of 69
Yeah, so I'm noticing how terrible these batteries are for FLAC > Rockbox > Pocketdock > RA-1 > MS-1 on my 5.5 30 GB. Seriously it's barely making it through a few hours. Not terribly thrilled about that.

I miss my old iPod photo ...

Apr 26, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #50 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by lastfreename /img/forum/go_quote.gif
www.podmod.de replaces ipod batteries for 35eur (~47USD) within 48hours with warranty

sounds good, but I don't speak German???

May 5, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #51 of 69
I replaced the battery in my 4G iPod with the 750 mAh kit from ipodjuice.com.

After one month, so far, so good. 1.5 hours of playing at low volume through my unamped ATH-EQ77 uses about a third of a full charge.

Some installation tips. Make sure you have plenty of light. Contrary to the instructions, I did not hold the iPod in my hand, but put in flat on a rubber workmat when I was popping the cover. Last, the wire from the battery to the circuit board on the kit was a hair shorter than stock, which meant I could not loop the wire back under the circuit board when I put the cover back on. I didn't have a problem, but I can see the potential for damage by puttng the cover back with the wire over the board.

Jun 12, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #53 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just found a 580mah batt for 5.5 gen here:
http://www.longlast-battery.com/Scripts/default.asp

I think you transposed the numbers and meant an 850mah battery for 5.5 gen. Vinnie thinks that the stock ipod battery for the 5.5 is already 850mah. Does anybody know if this is right?

EDIT: The ipodbatteryfaq site has a chart that says the stock 5.5 battery is 600mah. Is that correct?

Jun 12, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #54 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you transposed the numbers and meant an 850mah battery for 5.5 gen. Vinnie thinks that the stock ipod battery for the 5.5 is already 850mah. Does anybody know if this is right?

EDIT: The ipodbatteryfaq site has a chart that says the stock 5.5 battery is 600mah. Is that correct?

That's a lot less than the Iriver's stock battery, which is ~1300mah. I replaced my H340 battery with an 1st and 2nd gen. ipod 2200mah which gives it an autonomy of up to 30 hours of playback ...

Jun 12, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #55 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No volt I have it right! But that is for a 30gb ipod I don't know what comes in the 80gb but if you check the link they have an upgrade for those too

Jun 12, 2007 at 11:37 PM Post #56 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No volt I have it right! But that is for a 30gb ipod I don't know what comes in the 80gb but if you check the link they have an upgrade for those too

Gotcha Todd. I thought I had only seen 550 and 850 when looking around so I thought you switched 'em. Anyway, still don't know if there is anything bigger than the 850mah available at ipodjuice and other sites.

I am not sure if you are saying there is a 2200mah battery available for the iPod, epaludo, but please enlighten me.

Anyone?

Jun 14, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #57 of 69
If anyone cares, it would seem that the stock battery in the 80GB iPod is an 850maH battery, which is the largest capacity battery that can fit in the case without breaking the screens (according to one of the replacement battery suppliers who tried to cram 950maH batteries in there). Moral of the story for me is that I cancelled my order for an 850maH replacement because it seemed pointless even though they claimed their 850maH battery got longer use time than Apple's.

Jun 21, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #58 of 69
I 2nd the movement to get rid of this sticky. I will try to red flag this for the mods to see it.

The reason I personally say get rid of the sticky, is

1. It is not up to date (for example: Their most recent news is the announcement of the iPhone, when it is getting ready to come out)

2. It does not cover all models (it stops at 5.1, doesn't even get to 5.5)

3. Since they are obviously not keeping it in shape, I wouldn't trust it as an up to date source you would follow to the T (I wouldn't take their advice on people they recommend for buying batteries from, a lot of apples policies have probably changed, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back