iPod 7G: 120gb only
Oct 14, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #122 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This was one of the first signs of trouble on both of the iPods I owned that died. You might want to take it to an Apple store to have them check it.

Heh, thanks for those ominous words
smily_headphones1.gif

I asked some people at an Apple store yesterday, and they just told me to restore it, so I'll try to do that and see if the problem goes away (might not be easy to figure out if it actually has worked though, as the problem only occurs some times... Played 8 albums successfully without problems between the 3rd and the 4th time it happened).

Oct 14, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #123 of 129
Both of mine got a lot worse in a hurry. The first one, the hard drive failed. Every time I restored it to fix it, I lost a little more storage. Eventually, when I took it in to the Apple store, they ran the disk check utility and it said the drive was bad so they replaced it.

The second one went, in a couple of days, from occasional skipping to the next track to skipping to the next track without playing anything. It would do this until the battery was dead. They didn't even bother doing a diagnostic on it, they just replaced it.

With both, the hard drive wouldn't stop spinning and the iPod would get real hot.

Nov 7, 2008 at 6:44 AM Post #125 of 129
A couple dozen calls and a few weeks later and my replacement came.

I'm glad I held out for the 160. Looks like Apple isn't selling 'em any more, so I'm guessing the third-party supply won't be around too much longer.

Jan 26, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #127 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cloud computing is gradually changing the idea of storing masses of audio files on your personal computer and subsequently your ipod

err... wut?

my 120GB ipod broke last week. being repaired now, sound stopped coming from the right headphone output, unless i pinched the top corner of the screen till the lcd bled. stupid problem, only had the damn player for 4 months and it went on me already. anyway, i also have a 32GB touch 2nd gen on the way - i really don't like swapping music over, with limited space, but i also want to see what hacks for flac are available.

Feb 11, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #129 of 129
Sadly (or unsadly), flash is probably the future of PDAP capacity. Check this article out.

Next Generation SDxc Details

Of course, it'll be a long way until the flash has huge capacities. It'd be pretty nice if they came out with an ipod classic with sd expansion (though that probably wouldn't happen b/c apple wants you to buy more of its products) Maybe go the path of sony and create their own line of memory?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back