iPhone4 and 4S bumpers and right-angle jacks
Oct 24, 2011 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Bojamijams

Headphoneus Supremus
So I just found out that with the official bumper case for my iphone 4s (which is the same bumper for the 4), the right angle jack on my JH-13 pro can't be inserted into the jack due to the thickness of bumper.

How did you guys go around this? Just a male to female 1/8" adapter?

Have you found anyone that offers replacement cables for IEM's like JH Audio ones but also offers the iPhone inline controls?

Oct 24, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #2 of 5
If its close to fitting, then make the hole slightly larger.... Thats what i did on my SGP Neo Hybrid bumper case. If the headphone jack is way to big then you'll need an adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 24, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #3 of 5
I was in this predicament - Was tempted to DIY the hole bigger but really wanted an Element case; couldn't justify spending that much money when I wasn't 100% all my headphone jacks would fit - Especially as now I'm going to use the iPhone 4S as my primary DAP

I just went with a Bestskinsever and a Purple Leather Sena case [I never drop my phone anyway]
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #4 of 5
I got the free bumper for my iPhone 4. Over a year, it deteriorated and I binned it a couple weeks ago.

My opinion is that the iPhone doesn't really need a case. It got scratches while the case was on, but I can polish those out. I'd ditch the case and use whatever you want to use. Don't get hung up on cosmetic perfection. It isn't that important.

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #5 of 5
Well cosmetic perfection is somewhat important as I bought this phone outright and will most likely sell it when the iphone 5 comes out so hopefully, a case nets me a higher resale value. At least one higher then the $20 I payed for the case

and I like that the bumper raises the iphone slightly so that when I put my iphone down, the camera lens isn't physically touching anything

It looks like I'll have to get a straight jack cable for my JH-13's pro.. JH is not very quick with responding to my email whether or not they offer them.. but I see that the new Westone 4R offers the same kind of removable cord.. I wonder if they're compatible? Maybe then if they offer a straight jack, I can get the replacement cable from them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back