iPhone IEM with SQ ~ around Phonak PFE?
Oct 17, 2009 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ethan961

Member of the Trade: Bugden Audio
Hello,
You may be thinking 'ugh, another "Best IEM" thread...' but I am actually somewhat stumped.
I would like an IEM with a mic for about $150, sound quality about on par with the RE0, PFE, etc, (or on the level of the Atrio but leaning towards a brighter sound sig.)
I know the PFE has a mic version but the $20 to ship it to Canada (on top of $160 USD) is the killer for me, and having the PFE before I know it is not quite exactly what I want in an IEM. For $180 I could probably do better.
The S4 is too low on the SQ scale for me, as is the NE-7M and the like.
I'd like to know if anyone knows any good options in the ~$150 range or if I must make the jump to the TF10. I have an E5 if needed.
Thanks,
Ethan

Oct 17, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #3 of 4
I was hoping to find something with a little more bass/impact than the HF5, not really flat out analytical. I am coming from the Atrio, pretty much the polar opposite of any Ety product. I would like something detailed and brighter than the Atrio, but still having body and musicality.
As for the UE products, I have decided not to take any risks buying anything from them if possible because of the Logitech takeover.

Oct 25, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #4 of 4
bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back