Sep 25, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #796 of 1,216
So I now have the 7 plus 256 (matte black) - holds my entire lossy collection
Very happy with the sound from the dongle with SE846
It's a keeper!

Sep 25, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #797 of 1,216
So I now have the 7 plus 256 (matte black) - holds my entire lossy collection
Very happy with the sound from the dongle with SE846
It's a keeper!

Will be a good many years yet before I'll get one device to hold my entire lossless collection, need close to 1TB for that. My lossy collection fits nicely on a 64 SE

Sep 25, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #798 of 1,216
Will be a good many years yet before I'll get one device to hold my entire lossless collection, need close to 1TB for that. My lossy collection fits nicely on a 64 SE

Yeah don't think it's practical at the moment to have lossless collection on phone. My lossless files are around 600gb

Sep 25, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #799 of 1,216
Unless the dac is made for iPhone you have to use the cck

I don't understand this. I mean what does Apple have a proprietary audio signal? I'm able to plug my iPhone into many devices using just the charge cable. IE: my car headunit and my home audio receiver and get audio out of them just fine.

Ok so what portable DAC/amp combos are actually made for iPhone?

Sep 25, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #800 of 1,216
I don't understand this. I mean what does Apple have a proprietary audio signal? I'm able to plug my iPhone into many devices using just the charge cable. IE: my car headunit and my home audio receiver and get audio out of them just fine.

Yes the made for iPhone devices have an authentication chip in them and their manufacturers pay a license fee to Apple

Sep 25, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #801 of 1,216
I found some stuff on moon-audio.com that seems to work on Lightning ports. Sucks their Lightning cables start at $85.

Sep 25, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #802 of 1,216

I don't have a list for you, but from my own experience, I can recommend the Oppo HA-2. It is MFi certified and works wonderfully. It can even charge the iPhone while playing.

Sep 25, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #803 of 1,216

JVC SU-AX7
JVC SU-AX01
Onkyo DAC-HA200
Onkyo DAC-HA300
Oppo HA-2
Peachtree audio Shift(?)
Radius LCH18K
RHA Dacamp L1
Shure SHA900
Sony PHA-1A
Teac HP-50/P50SE
Teac HP-90SD
Teac HA-P5
Venture Craft VANTAM SounDroid R627 II
Venture Craft VANTAM Classic Master Limited

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #804 of 1,216
Really considering the Onkyo HA300, Peachtree Shift and Oppo. Thanks for the great list brother!

Sep 25, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #808 of 1,216
That RHA looks bonerific. Dual Sabre Dacs? Btw, don't forget the Ressonessence Labs Herus/Herus Plus http://www.resonessencelabs.com/shop/herus/ on that list of iPhone Dac/Amps. I know it works with iOS 10 on iPhone 6. Haven't tested a 7 yet. Unless the list is strictly self powered options.

We were listing amps that are officially MFI certified; the product page for the Herus doesn't say it's MFI certified or list iOS/iPhone. I'm not doubting that it works; some manufacturers have used tricks to circumvent the MFI stuff so that their products can work with iStuff without the certification and the CCK bulk.

Sep 26, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #809 of 1,216
We were listing amps that are officially MFI certified; the product page for the Herus doesn't say it's MFI certified or list iOS/iPhone. I'm not doubting that it works; some manufacturers have used tricks to circumvent the MFI stuff so that their products can work with iStuff without the certification and the CCK bulk.
Nope. Needs CCK cable. And a USB A to USB B. :)

Sep 26, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #810 of 1,216
I have started using the Lightning to Headphone adapter all the time on my iPhone 6s Plus. I am glad that the volume on my European iPhone 6s Plus is still uncapped using the adapter and can go loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back