iPhone 6s Sound Quality
Oct 15, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #211 of 881
Graphs aside - based on my experience with JH Audio Layla and Noble Audio Kaiser 10 (custom), I have to come to the conclusion that the iPhone 6S Plus sounds better than my AK240 .... at least on some genres... I know I will take a beating for it LOL but I am just being honest telling exactly what I hear.  

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #212 of 881
Graphs aside - based on my experience with JH Audio Layla and Noble Audio Kaiser 10 (custom), I have to come to the conclusion that the iPhone 6S Plus sounds better than my AK240 .... at least on some genres... I know I will take a beating for it LOL but I am just being honest telling exactly what I hear.  

My old 5S drove Layla better than my old AK240 too. I don't know if it's better output impedance or better current or both.

Oct 16, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #213 of 881
Second set of screenshots are with a 32 ohm load, mx400 listed. Have been that way since I skimmed in the AM.

Meh about the 3.3 ohm impedance =/, but not totally unexpected. I guessed 2-3.

Does anyone know any technical considerations or compromises that would make them want to not get the output impedance below 1ohm?

Yep. I did not see the loaded graphs first time around.

Very good data as expected.

unfortunately i belong to the ones that stumbled into the elephant in the room as soon as i tried a 6s with my Shure SE535.

Today i'll try to pay another visit to the store and will try the Westone UM Pro 50. I expect to hear the buzzing since they are very sensitive as well.

Oct 16, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #214 of 881
http://www.seeko.co.kr/zboard4/zboard.php?id=m_device&no=39

iPhone 6S measurement
*Measurement by dScope III, All results measured in accordance with AES17

Those measurements look great. If there was any extraneous noise on the output you would expect it to turn up on the graphs right? Wish I understood what was going on. *sigh*

Sony listed the sensitivity of xba-c10 to be 106dB. Maybe they're just boasting. Where did you get the 100dB figure?

I got the rating from here. http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/in-ear-headphones/xba-c10#product_details_default

No idea why the figures would differ...

Oct 16, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #215 of 881
Would the fact that there are apparently two different manufacturers of CPU chips have any bearing on people's different experience of buzzing issues?

Oct 16, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #216 of 881
Would the fact that there are apparently two different manufacturers of CPU chips have any bearing on people's different experience of buzzing issues?

Different die sizes and different manufacturing processes will inherently cause chips to function slightly differently, or have different quirks while doing the same thing.

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #217 of 881
Two different manufacturers. Samsung and TMSC.
Apparently the Samsung chip has battery life issues. Not too much of a stretch to think that it may also have audio issues?

Oct 16, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #218 of 881
Two different manufacturers. Samsung and TMSC.
Apparently the Samsung chip has battery life issues. Not too much of a stretch to think that it may also have audio issues?

A_rec heard it on his Samsung chipped 6S and I hear it on my TSMC chipped 6S... So yea :smile:

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #220 of 881
  I got the rating from here. http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/in-ear-headphones/xba-c10#product_details_default

No idea why the figures would differ...

http://www.sony.jp/headphone/products/XBA-C10/spec.html
106dB/mW at a input of 150mV. <--- Maybe this?

I happen to also own one pair and I dropped by an apple store earlier.

I did not hear any buzzing on any of the display model.
I tried app switch, 3d touch, and according to me, my ears are golden.lol

Oct 17, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #221 of 881
series, Have you been able to hear the buzz on another iPhone 6s with your XBA-C10 but not on the ones in the store? If not then it's not a very reliable piece of information. Also it may be hard to hear in a store environment.

Oct 17, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #222 of 881
series, Have you been able to hear the buzz on another iPhone 6s with your XBA-C10 but not on the ones in the store? If not then it's not a very reliable piece of information. Also it may be hard to hear in a store environment.

nope, it's the first time I listen to a 6s.
And yes, the test environment was terrible, far from ideal.

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #223 of 881
Looks 3.3 ohm output impedance on the 6s, which is AK territory

That still sucks. The benchmark for me is the Chord Hugo which has an output impedance of 0.

I'll still buy the iPhone 6S plus though.

Oct 17, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #225 of 881
OT:

How is everyone buying an iPhone 6S/6S Plus? I guess through the Apple Store? Due to my current agreement, I have to go through Verizon and Apple seems to have really screwed them out of adequate stock (for the second year in a row). I had an order placed on 10/2 and Verizon arbitrarily cancelled it on 10/16. The only reason given was that I already had a Device Payment Agreement on a 6+. However, my DPA allows me to upgrade, so their reason makes no sense. They forced me to reorder and I still have an estimated ship date of 11/2, but I'm probably going to get it later than if my original order hadn't been cancelled.

Sorry, just had to vent. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back