Iphone 6 / Spotify / Audio Technica ES10 / Shure SE535
Feb 13, 2015 at 1:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

leungie

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone!

I have been using my ES10 / ES535 for commute with my Iphone 6 for a while now and have always wanted to experiment adding an external amp to see if there would be a significant improvement in sound quality. Having said that, I must confess that I use Spotify (rnb / pop etc) for all my music with the iPhone and that will probably affect the usefulness of the external amp. 

Portability is a big factor and I'm looking into the Resonessence Herus.

Any opinion on this?

Your help and feedback is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
James

Feb 13, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #2 of 3
I had an ES10 and was using it straight out of my LG G3 for a while and it sounds great that way. I had another ES10 a while back and used it with my iPhone 5 and Fiio E12 and it sounded great that way too. When I added the ALO The International into the chain out of my LG G3 I actually found that it didn't sound quite as good as without the amp (odd). It gave them a low-end bloat it seemed. I don't use the USB line out, just the basic 3.5mm jack on my phones. So personally I didn't use them with an amp. I never tried them with a DAC, so maybe that was my problem. This is just my experience though. I believe a portable set up should be as basic as possible. I currently use an SD-3 right out of the G3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back