iPhone 4
Jul 3, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #76 of 124
i think the screen is amazing, much more than just a slight increase to the 3g/3gs. im sure the projectors just had a hard time showing it. but as soon as you see the screen in action you will know what everyone is talking about. it looks like nice magazine print, that just happens to move when you want it to. and its not just about the pixel count either, the fact that the lcd/touch layer/glass are all bonded together makes the pixels look like they are on the screen, rather than beneath it like on every other phone.

Jul 3, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #78 of 124

Quote:
Is that supposed to make me want one?  
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/24/some-iphone-4-models-see-signals-drop-to-0-when-held-left-handed/

2nd video down. Yes the signal may be improved overall, after all that was the point in the external antenna - but its the dropping of calls when the phone is held in that way thats concerning people.

A much more detailed overview of the iPhone's reception can be found here.

Jul 3, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #79 of 124
Yeah that anandtech article is really good info, thanks guys. I really think Apple should acknowledge there is a problem. Maybe offer free bumpers with the phone if they are not already. Its a shame, as so many have mentioned, that Apple didn't just insulate the antenna with some kind of coating.

Jul 3, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #80 of 124
heres a video i took with my iphone 4 last night at the silversun pickups concert. the lighting was pretty hard on it, but the sound came out alot better than i thought it would!

Jul 3, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #82 of 124

Quote:
Pretty nice video. How was the show? I saw them live once at a festival 3 years ago and they were pretty good. I'm just not that much of a fan of Swoon, though.

the show was amazing, tons of energy. thats funny, swoon's actually my favorite cd by them. they played all but 2 songs from it, they missed draining and surrounded. but they also played well thought out twinkles, lazy eye, little lovers so polite, future foe scenario and kissing famliies. they played a 3 song encore too, overall very good show. though i was kind of spoiled seeing tool last weekend...

Edit: yeah i think the video came out pretty good considering the strobing red lights in the background playing heck with the sensor, also all of the macroblocking was added by youtube, the original doesnt have any of that

Jul 3, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #83 of 124
SoupRKnowva, that was awesome, HD video in low light from your phone!

Did you edit it in the iPhone's iMovie, then post directly to YouTube from it?

Quote:
Yeah that anandtech article is really good info, thanks guys. I really think Apple should acknowledge there is a problem. Maybe offer free bumpers with the phone if they are not already. Its a shame, as so many have mentioned, that Apple didn't just insulate the antenna with some kind of coating.

PC World of all people just came out with this one:

Antenna Expert: Apple is Right, iPhone 4 Signal Woes Overblown

Jul 3, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #84 of 124
oh no, i dont have imovie yet, and i didnt edit that clip at all. Also the only way to get 720p video from the iphone is to synch it with the computer, using imovie and posting to youtube lowers the resolution. There are a couple other apps that ive learned about that can upload at 720p as well. But i took the .mov file straight off the phone with my macbook pro, and then uploaded it to youtube using the computer.

speaking of which, my darn cable connection took forever to upload the 400MB file, like an hour and a half 
eek.gif

Jul 3, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #85 of 124
I thought the iPhone 4 came with iMovie, my mistake

Jul 3, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #87 of 124
honestly the antenna issue is largely overblown and a null-issue for most since I can't recall the last time I saw someone walking around with a bare iphone.  This latest one seems to have a larger surface area prone to accidental damage + wear&tear further necessitating having a case... or perhaps unlike the identical 3G/3GS designs, they want to leave their iphone uncased to show off that they have the latest model.  I dunno about your guys, but when I get a new iphone I usually put a screen protector & case on it ASAP---resell value ftw?

my 1st iphone 2G was a nice Christmas present from my parents... every subsequent one was mostly paid for by selling the previous.  I'll probably get the iphone 4 as well after selling off my 3GS before I return to the US at end of this month (I'm also counting on the jailbreaking community to pull thru with another easy tool by then).

people just like to complain and demand free stuff (bumpers).  :)

Jul 3, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #88 of 124
^ i agree, ive got no problems with the death grip, i cant even make it happen on mine.

but i did find a pretty shnazzy looking case, im never one for cases, i like preserving the sexyness of the original phone, specially with the iPhone 4. but this one is almost too awesome

http://www.elementcase.com/iphone4.html

Jul 4, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #89 of 124
I guess the biggest thing holding me up, is the lack of storage upgrade.  There were very few upgrades between the 3G and 3Gs but I bought the bullet and upgraded because to double my music was extremely appealing.  The 4G really put a stop to my upgradeitis, and while it does seem to have some new cool features, nothing screams at me... long term use.  Most of the usable upgrades (for me) came with the software update.  I am not a big camera guy, although it would be nice to take better photos as it seems the only camera I ever have with me is my iPhone.  So what else am I really missing, a better display and video chat?

I am glad to hear the SQ remains untouched, I do worry at some point apple with move onto something else with the audio innards- without realizing what they are leaving behind.

Jul 4, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #90 of 124

Quote:

people just like to complain and demand free stuff (bumpers).  :)

I would like to make my displeasure regarding this entire thread and everything else in the world known to all. Now where's my %&*@!^# free phone?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back