iPhone 3G revealed: "Improved Audio...flush headphone jack...$199 for 8GB"
Jul 13, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #92 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If by that you mean that you use mms and not email/uplod to send the pictures you are out of luck as the iPhone simply does not support mms messages.

Ah. Ok, so since it's e-mail then that's way better for me. I'm always on the PC regardless. The PC is basically my life next to the Wife and Baby, PS3 and 360 and internet.

biggrin.gif

How much would the bill look like? @ $199 for the 8GB, that doesn't look bad at all. 8GB is a lot for portable if you look at it. I have a 4GB memory stick that I've added a crap load of songs, pictures and clips and I haven't loaded it fully. Now a portable like this is Great to have. Especially with the apps.

Jul 13, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #94 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry, did not know you had the er4s. they do hiss on some sources, but have not on any of my portable sources. they did with my amps though. enjoy your phone.

No I'm more concerned with wether the iPhone will be able to drive them properly

Jul 13, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #95 of 205
i used to go straight from my d2 and then with mates ipod with them: volume wize they were loud and they did not hiss and they sounded great for trance but... i must say that i never found them to be perfect with any portable no matter how good they sounded

Jul 13, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #96 of 205
The price seems enticing and I may have opted to check it out if it weren't for the exorbitant plan and the iPhone OS (I'm more a fan of Symbian). I might take my N95 to an AT&T nearby to see how the new model compares on its various fronts.

Jul 13, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #97 of 205
There are still ridiculous lines for the 3G iPhone. I went to the Apple Store again this afternoon and was told that the wait was likely three hours.

I'm starting to have second thoughts about upgrading. I love the new apps and the '09 iPhone should go to 32GB, have more RAM and a much faster processor.

Jul 14, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #98 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by deeplove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah. Ok, so since it's e-mail then that's way better for me. I'm always on the PC regardless. The PC is basically my life next to the Wife and Baby, PS3 and 360 and internet.

biggrin.gif

How much would the bill look like? @ $199 for the 8GB, that doesn't look bad at all. 8GB is a lot for portable if you look at it. I have a 4GB memory stick that I've added a crap load of songs, pictures and clips and I haven't loaded it fully. Now a portable like this is Great to have. Especially with the apps.

The cheapest plan you can get is $79.99 which includes 400 minuts anytime, 5000 nights and weekends, and an unlimited data plan for endless surfing. You mentioned text which will require an additional cost. The cheapest text plan offered is $5 which includes 200 text messages/month.

Has anyone compared the custom iPhone LODs to the Apple Docking Stations that also provide LOD capability?

Jul 14, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #99 of 205
Haven't read all the messages here, sorry if I am repeating too many others... but I am getting myself an iPod touch - to use all those apps, and wi-fi networks, w/o enduring all the extra cost. We are getting a new iMac this summer (to replace the 1.0 GHz G4, hardly a case off upgraditis), and since we have a boy in college, we'll get a 8 GB Touch for free.

My wife considered getting her an iPhone since she needed a good phone, for once, anyway, but after considering all the costs (even w/o the early termination fee) we stayed with Verizon and she got herself an LG Dare - $200, minus $50 rebate, looks and feels great, best signal we've ever had.

I am a devoted Mac user, have been for 9 years now, but I simply don't use my cell phone much at all, hence my choice of iPod Touch.

Jul 14, 2008 at 8:23 AM Post #100 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are still ridiculous lines for the 3G iPhone. I went to the Apple Store again this afternoon and was told that the wait was likely three hours.

At least you can still get them. In Denmark they sold out within 18 hours and no telling when the next shipment will be in (not that it bothers me since I got one).

Jul 14, 2008 at 12:02 PM Post #101 of 205
still had a couple in japan. i think the countries that did not have them before are desperate for the 3g. i know in japan it is the first easy to use phone - apple not giving into the terrible docomo, au or even softbank gui and os is great. it is nice to use an iphone at 50% of its capabilities rather than 5-10% of the abilities of a phone that has like more capabilities but an impossible interface.

Jul 14, 2008 at 1:34 PM Post #102 of 205
Well,

It got me. I went to the T-mobile store this afternoon and just asked if they had them in stock after waiting for 30 mins. Stunningly the beautifull girl behind the counter answered ''yes''. I was stunned and amazed at once.

End of story is that I went home with a brand new, and fully legal, iPhone 3G.

I'll post my findings on the audio performance asap.

Rgds

Jul 14, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #103 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricthaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well,

It got me. I went to the T-mobile store this afternoon and just asked if they had them in stock after waiting for 30 mins. Stunningly the beautifull girl behind the counter answered ''yes''. I was stunned and amazed at once.

End of story is that I went home with a brand new, and fully legal, iPhone 3G.

I'll post my findings on the audio performance asap.

Rgds

Bless you my friend and we await your findings!!!

Jul 14, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #104 of 205
Quote:

At least you can still get them. In Denmark they sold out within 18 hours and no telling when the next shipment will be in (not that it bothers me since I got one).

By the way, if your concerns about driving the ER-4s are volume related, I can tell you that aspect won't be a problem; it drives the KSC75s just fine, and if I recall, they're pretty close to the 4s in terms of volume, both being fairly insensitive for portables.

If your concerns are about the amp sounding good enough, the only portable amp I have to compare it with right now is the PA2V2, and it's better than that, IMO. Never tried a SuperMini, so I can't say about that. Frankly though, you sound more discriminating in your taste of amps than I, so I can't make any promises.

Jul 14, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #105 of 205
Quote:

By the way, if your concerns about driving the ER-4s are volume related, I can tell you that aspect won't be a problem; it drives the KSC75s just fine, and if I recall, they're pretty close to the 4s in terms of volume, both being fairly insensitive for portables.

If your concerns are about the amp sounding good enough, the only portable amp I have to compare it with right now is the PA2V2, and it's better than that, IMO. Never tried a SuperMini, so I can't say about that. Frankly though, you sound more discriminating in your taste of amps than I, so I can't make any promises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back