iphone 3g battery life
Jan 26, 2009 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

uzziah

Headphoneus Supremus
those with iphones, what's your battery life like?

i'm looking at a battery under 10%, with 3:10hrs of usage (mostly internet, very little talking)......and nearly 2days of standby

maybe that's normal but it feels inadquate

i just got the phone a couple weeks ago. a 8gb refurb. i ****ing love this thing to death, but the battery life could be better

basically, i have to decide within a week or two if i want to return it for another phone; i could use some advice. it seems like i'm getting less than optimal battery life (that may well be why someone returned it and it's a refurb)......but perhaps not bad enough to get another one

i'd like some advice if you've got any, thanks a lot

.......oh, and a big thanks to jude for not banning me for life
smily_headphones1.gif
glad to be back

Jan 26, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #2 of 14
Use wifi. Edge/3g sucks a lot of juice. Also, turn the screen brightness down a bit. Once you get over the honeymoon phase and quit using it all the time it's pretty reasonable. Also, at work I have a USB cable, and in my car, so that helps a lot.

Jan 26, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #3 of 14
yeah, i've already done a lot of things to help battery life; should have mentioned that; brightness turned down; push off; fetch set to 15min (now hourly)

i need to get a car charger (and hopefully they'll be a turn by turn nav app soon

Jan 26, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #4 of 14
Yeah I charge mine every two days or every day depending on what I'm doing, when I first got it I was draining the battery down in under 10 hours. If battery life is really a concern I'd suggest buying one of these and just keeping it with you

ipod_usb_retractable_cable.jpg

Jan 26, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #6 of 14
3G is a big drag on battery life. Use WiFi whenever you can. Also, I keep a spare USB-iPhone cable at work. If I use the iPhone a lot, I'll give it a charge near the end of the day. And I completely love mine, too.

Jan 28, 2009 at 9:05 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't even use the fetch set thing.

yeah, i could turn everything off, but that wouldn't be much fun. i think fetch every hour is plenty conservative

Jan 28, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #8 of 14
yeah no point turning off all the features that actually make it an iphone and not a touch. I find that now after having it for nearly 6 months (yes I stood in a very long line) that I get about 36-48hrs of normal use. I dont use wifi much though I do use safari and email heaps. I also made myself a usb charging LOD and a simple usb battery charger can be found for almost zip on ebay. so I really dont find it a problem.... love it
L3000.gif

Jan 28, 2009 at 10:40 AM Post #9 of 14
I might have just gotten a freak iPhone, as my friend also has battery life problems. But I can leave my phone on standby with internet use + minimal calling/texting for 3-4 days and still have maybe 15-20% battery still available. I got mine during the summer.

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:06 AM Post #10 of 14
There is loads of info online on how to maximize your battery life. I got new phone recently so my iphone is now functioning with all phone settings disabled and it lasts for days.

Jan 28, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #14 of 14
i get 1-2 days, speaking to turning features off, why spend the money on an iphone if you're not going to suck down youtube videos with 3g between google mapsing the nearest sushi place and starbucks as you shuffle through your diverse collection of vampire weekend and TV On the Radio albums?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back