iPad sound quality
Apr 19, 2010 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Mr_Junesequa

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

So I bit the bullet and bought an iPad , with a really annoying keyboard I am using right now,,

I'm just wondering what others who have experienced it think of the ipads sound quality.

I find it detailed and harsh, almost hussy at the top end when compared to my sans fuze. Is it just my possibly faulty iPad or have others experienced this?

May 9, 2010 at 6:23 AM Post #3 of 8
Have you tried the USB out to a DAC/AMP?

Jun 11, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #5 of 8
Could you try the headphone output? Maybe compare it to a stereo headphone output, see which one sounds better, or give a comparison as to the differences?

May 25, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #7 of 8
Okay, I can comment on the iPad's sound. Now this is for the first generation iPad. It's VERY GOOD!! I wasn't really thinking about it as a player when I got it so what a pleasant surprise. It has a nice rounded sound and using my PX100s I would say this is the first Apple portable since the 5.5 iPod Video that I can listen to with the EQ off. I'm a big fan of the sound of the 5.5 iPod and the iPad is certainly its match. So much better than any iPhone or iPod touch or iPod classic I've listened to. A very smooth sounding player from Apple arrives again! As I said, the sound has a nice weight to it. No trace of harshness. Not thin at all. I am very pleased, being a prince of darkness when it comes to players. I have no tolerance for excessive brightness and the iPad isn't showing any trace of that. Lovely sounding right out of the headphone jack. What a treat!

May 27, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #8 of 8
yeah i havent experienced any harshness either from the 1G in fact i would agree its probably the best sounding player apple has produced in some time. theres also a fair bit of power due to the larger battery. i ususlly use it amped, but havent been annoyed when ive had to use the hp out at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back