iPad Pro 10.5" sound quality is pretty amazing
Oct 28, 2017 at 3:40 AM Post #16 of 45
Do you know if there is any difference between the 10.5 and 12.9 in soundquality?

I have not tested it. But I guess the 10.5 and 12.9 iPad Pro sound the same as they share the same internals.

Nov 8, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #17 of 45
Have any of you experienced buzzing in bass when using high volume? This does not happen when using lightning, only with jack out

Nov 18, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #18 of 45
Have any of you experienced buzzing in bass when using high volume? This does not happen when using lightning, only with jack out

No buzzing but amazing solid audio quality, this is the first mobile device after hearing it I would have to say it doesn’t need any amplification. Lots of headroom on this device. I’m totally impressed.

Nov 18, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #19 of 45
Seems like its only with one of my harder to drive cans. But i think it was strange that it didnt happen with the lightning out, only from 3,5mm jack

Mar 4, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #20 of 45
Agreed on the iPad Pro quality. 2017 iPad Pro 12.9 headphone out to b22 driving lcd2 2016 provides a natural open and effortless sound. Fairly transparent with good tone and PRaT, and just very well rounded. Shocked would be an understatement, probably as good as any $1k dac if not better. The closest dac in price I have is Hugo. Hugo is more transparent and more tonally accurate and natural, but iPad Pro is a bit smoother and has a bit better PRaT. I do feel my Linn dac is in whole another league as it should be given how much I paid for it.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #22 of 45
Sound quality may be deceptive. It may sound clean and detailed, but it may be broken in some other way how sound is implemented. The stage may be weird - separation of instruments may be very aggresive, even if notes themselve sound very clear and well controlled. Or the tuning may be unnatural. They simply can spoil it easily in many ways, and they probably often do.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #24 of 45
Aug 12, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #25 of 45
This confirmes what I wrote in another thread, I can't hear any difference using ipad pro alone, and ipad with the chord mojo. It's no point in getting something like a mojo when you have an ipad. It's just as good, only thing i heard that was obvious was that the mojo could go louder.

Aug 12, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #26 of 45
In my comparison with Mojo:

Mojo is more powerful and better drives HD660s.
However no advantage when driving AudioQuest Nighthawks, which drive easily.

Also iPad delivers greater sound stage.

Aug 12, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #27 of 45
The CEO of HIFIMAN a few years ago stated that the Apple iPhone 6plus has a better DAC thab most 600dollar DAP’s. At a Rocky Mountain Headphones event. He said this openly infront of Tyll, Jude and Audeze CEO.
NO ONE CHALLENGED HIM ON THIS POINT.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #28 of 45
The iPad Pro is not that amazing. My latest 6-core 15” 2018 Macbook Pro sounds significantly better than the 12.9 iPad Pro (2017). The iPad Pro sounds congested and soft / blurry next to it.

Aug 12, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #29 of 45
The point is that the iPad sounds very good. And has a good battery so you can listen for hours. It's just very convenient imo. No need for dragging along an outside dac amp when listening to efficient cans and iem's

Aug 12, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #30 of 45
Not really. I always carry the Chord Hugo 2 with the iPad Pro for the Focal Clear if I'm travelling.

However the latest 6-core MBP, I might actually consider not using an external DAC if I'm traveling with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back