iPad 3 anticipation
Apr 16, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #271 of 276
     Quote:
How black do you want it to be? I think you're thinking OLED black, but it's still a relatively new technology and to put it on anything bigger than a phone wouldn't be very cost effective. I think the iMac has one of the best displays I've ever seen for an LED. And they did give the iPad 3 a little more color saturation.

:wink: 

Where did you get that pic from? My iPad 3 on its brightest setting certainly isn't black and has a purplish hue but is nowhere near as bright or blue as what that pic is showing. Perhaps that was a defective one.

Apr 16, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #272 of 276

Quote:
Where did you get that pic from? My iPad 3 on its brightest setting certainly isn't black and has a purplish hue but is nowhere near as bright or blue as what that pic is showing. Perhaps that was a defective one.

Yeah thats my photo, but the lightning was a bit messed up. Tried to fix it but it kept exaggerating the blue so I ended up with this. I just posted that for fun :wink: 

Apr 16, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #274 of 276
Quote:

Yeah thats my photo, but the lightning was a bit messed up. Tried to fix it but it kept exaggerating the blue so I ended up with this. I just posted that for fun :wink: 

Ok. Fortunately that is not one of the many faults I have with the unit.

Apr 18, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #275 of 276
I found an $8.76 solution that solves the iPad charging problems.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10843&cs_id=1084304&p_id=7865&seq=1&format=2

It doesn't change the issues with the extreme heat levels, but it does allow me to run at 100% brightness using any app I've tried so far and maintain a fully charged 100% plug icon indefinitely (or at least for the five or so hours it's been plugged in and in use.). Oddly enough, it is a 10W 2.0A charger vs. Apple's 2.1A charger. It also has a 6 ft cord but the main difference lies in its hardwired connection to a durable, locking dock plug, vs. Apple's plug-in USB port charger. This Monoprice one surely is better, and Apple would be wise to study it and make one just like it for the new iPad. This leads me to believe part of the fault lies with the Apple charger, and the other obviously is that the iPad draws more power in some instances than the charger can handle but I've yet to encounter that situation with this new charger. It also charges the iPad faster.

Thank you Monoprice. My gamble paid off.

P.S. It is a certified "Made for iPod, iPhone, iPad" product so don't have any reservations about using it. When I have some spare time I plan on taking one to the local Apple store to show them how much better it functions and maybe they can pass it up the chain.

Jul 19, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #276 of 276
Do any of you use Air Display (or something similar or better) with good results?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back