ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK
Jul 6, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #511 of 532
[COLOR=222222]Last week I bought a portable DAC/AMP (IFI Nano IDSD) to hook up on my phone. [COLOR=222222]The DAC can support PCM up to 384kHz/32bit and even can handle DSD and DXD formats. [/COLOR]At the moment I'm using an Iphone 4s with [COLOR=222222]Isub player to stream and play music on my phone[/COLOR].  I got it working with my Iphone 4s using a Apple CCK. When playing high resolution FLAC or DSD files from my PC I can see on the DAC (different color lights) it's converting all the different formats/ frequencies (48kHz, 96kHz, 192kHz, etc).  When playing the same songs using Isub on my iphone, the audio signal to the DAC only seems to be 44/48kHz. No matter which format I play. The Isub player shows the right format information (like for example 192 kHz), but it's actually not sending it to my DAC. Active transcoding is turn off in Subsonic. 
My questions is if the output is limited by the Iphone itself or are there still some settings in Subsonic or Isub that I have to change.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]Does anybody has experience using a streaming app and actually output 96 or 192 kHz music files.[/COLOR]

I'm having the same problem. iSub says it's playing 24/192 at full res, but the display on my Oppo HA-1 DAC (connected to the iPad via lightning To USB CCK) says 16/44.1.

What could be the problem?

Jul 9, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #512 of 532
For the record, the iPhone 5s / CCK / iOS 8 combo DOES NOT work with an Alpine CDA-117 car head unit. Even though Alpine advertises a 24 bit DAC and iphone compatibility, apparently that compatibility is limited to 16 bits :frowning2:

Jul 26, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #513 of 532
235c83bb16e3840241fb0db5648c40c0.jpg

Ipod touch 6G. 128GB confirmed working.

Sep 18, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #515 of 532
In case anyone has concerns I can confirm that under iOS 9.0 my iPad 3 and my iPhone 5 continue to work fully with my two DACs. - an HRT Microstreamer and a Chord Hugo. In fact all my music apps including JRemote, Tidal, Qobuz, can opener, FLAC Player are working perfectly. Apple have even reinstated Home Sharing although it is hidden well. I plan to update my new iPod touch tomorrow.

Oct 31, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #516 of 532
I was reading about this CCK over a year ago, picked one up, suffered the same 'power error'issue plugging in some midi controller....
This is VERY INTERESTING!! 

I thought I'd have to get JB and use a CCK tweak (especially on 4s), but you say adding a generic, unpowered (?!) usb hub to the mix andyou can have usb audio out?!

Can I ask for some clarification?

I thought the CCK was for MIDI in, maybe MIDI out (of iphone)... 

I'm plugging in the adapter now, and not getting ANY message (I'm plugging in a numark dj2go controller ) 

Am I doing something wrong?do I need a particular app?? 
Running iOS9.0.2.

Jan 2, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #517 of 532
I just received my Audio GD DI 2015 aka DI U8 usb to spdif.  iPhone is connected to it with CCK and unpowered hub and I get sound.  I need it to charge while it is connected.  I still don't know how to do that.  What is the easiest way to be connected to my usb to spdif and get power at the same time using the CCK? My aging iPhone 5 loses battery power quicker and quicker....

Thank you!

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #519 of 532
I'm having the same problem. iSub says it's playing 24/192 at full res, but the display on my Oppo HA-1 DAC (connected to the iPad via lightning To USB CCK) says 16/44.1.

I do not know Isub. But nplayer does output 24-192 and even dsd to external dac units such as the chord mojo or a fiio x3 (both generations) in dac mode using the cck. It helps to use a generic unpowered usb hub to avoid the power draw error. I purchased one of those for $10 on Amazon. I should clarify that only the x3 gen 2 can handle dsd not the gen 1. Of course the chord handles that also

Jan 13, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #520 of 532
I've connected the latest lightning camera connector (MD821AM/A) to my Fiio Q1 and it works perfectly with both my iPhone 6S and my iPad Air.

Interesting, went to turn the GAIN switch on the Q1 and got the CHARGE switch instead. This instantly resulted in the dreaded 'power' message. I wonder if this information might help solve problems that other posters have had in the past. I'm not sure how but someone here might be able to figure it out.

Jan 18, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #521 of 532

The Mobile input is restricted to 24-bit/48kHz on the HA-1 as it was intended to be used stock (iTunes) with iDevices. This is not an issue with the CCK or your playback software. It is a limitation of the HA-1. 

Mobile USB Audio Input (USB A Type)
Input FormatStereo PCM
PCM Sampling Frequencies44.1 kHz, 48 kHz
ProfileUSB 2.0, USB Audio 2.0
VBUS Power Output+5 V, 2.1 A

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #522 of 532
So I am trying to figure out some options to reduce power drains when using the CCK in my car.

Here is where I am now.  I plus the lightning CCK into an iphone 6 plus.  This goes to a "Cute" 2 port USB mini hub, and from their to a FIIO X3.

The mini hub reduces the problem of the iphone complaining that the FIIO DAC unit draws too much current.

But....in reality this configuration does in fact draw power like crazy.  I assume that the FIIO is drawing power from the iphone.

So....I was thinking of getting a car powered hub adapter.  Will that help and can it work?

Feb 21, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #523 of 532
I am finally upgrading my old iPhone 4S to a 6S. Up to this point I have been using the 30 pin CCK which plugs directly into the bottom of the 4s and going through a USB cable to a hub and then to an Aune T1 Dac/Amp. With the lightening connector, I gather that I need a MD821AM/A camera connector, what do I need to connect this to my Aune, a USB cable plugging into the connector and a hub?

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #524 of 532
From what you've written, just the MD821AM/A as it has a lightning connector on one end and a female USB connector at the other which will directly take a standard (male) USB connector. I'm assuming that you already have a simple male to male USB connector running out of your hub to fit the old 30 pin cck kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back