Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Nov 23, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #4,306 of 4,830
  Lol, must be those two dynamic drivers. But do the shells repel each other regardless of how you position them independently? The Hyperion shells would magnetize to each other as well and understandably repel each other if you put them the other way round.

I don't know, I just sorta saw them moving each-other around on the table-top.

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #4,308 of 4,830
Got my Swing ec1 Triple hybrid. First impression is okay but nothing too Special. Overall warm with polite treble, more mid than subbass but quite tight and slidely recessed warm mids with ok clarity. Soundstage is Not Great but also not narrow. I will report if anything chances

wrong thread...

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #4,310 of 4,830
hi, im thinking on buying the Trinity Vyrus headphones. 
i see they have detachable cables so i want to know where i can buy cable replacement (if something happens to the cables that comes with it) and how much will it be

thanks

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #4,311 of 4,830
i see they have detachable cables so i want to know where i can buy cable replacement (if something happens to the cables that comes with it) and how much will it be

thanks

I dont know if they sell direct replacement cables yet (they do have upgrade cables on their site) but I think Bob said in the phantom thread that they are revamping their cable offerings for sale soon, so I am guessing they will have more cables for sale on their site within the next month or two.

Of course, the vyrus does come with two cables to start you off with anyways, so if something happens to one, you will already have a second waiting.

Nov 25, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #4,312 of 4,830

thanks

Trinity have the best customer service I have ever seen, if you have a problem with a cable I am sure they would take care of you.

But... Bob did mention in the other thread that they have a much larger line of cables launching soon as well, I think he said this will include most configurations / terminations.

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #4,313 of 4,830
Should I get the Hyperion now for $37? How good is it in term of durability and noise isolation. Can someone confirm for me please. I want an enduring earphones to listen to podcast and instrumental music while taking the bust or running. 

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #4,314 of 4,830
  Should I get the Hyperion now for $37? How good is it in term of durability and noise isolation. Can someone confirm for me please. I want an enduring earphones to listen to podcast and instrumental music while taking the bust or running. 

My Hyperion is still going strong. And it's from the original Kickstarter batch. I'd call it pretty durable, love the braided cable design for something that costs so little; there are other cheap IEMs I've seen with braided cables, but none match Trinity Audio's cable quality. I use my Hyperions with Spinfits and they provide noise isolation that's pretty much what you can expect from a dynamic driver IEM with a hole in the back of the shell. And the Hyperions you buy now actually come with the Spinfits! I had to buy my own back then.

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #4,315 of 4,830
  My Hyperion is still going strong. And it's from the original Kickstarter batch. I'd call it pretty durable, love the braided cable design for something that costs so little; there are other cheap IEMs I've seen with braided cables, but none match Trinity Audio's cable quality. I use my Hyperions with Spinfits and they provide noise isolation that's pretty much what you can expect from a dynamic driver IEM with a hole in the back of the shell. And the Hyperions you buy now actually come with the Spinfits! I had to buy my own back then.

Sounds really good. But I wish it's about $30 rather than $37, still seems a little bit unjustifiable to me.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #4,316 of 4,830
  Sounds really good. But I wish it's about $30 rather than $37, still seems a little bit unjustifiable to me.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Justified to me. Sounds good, at least for what I'm listening to, and has a crazy accessory package. A pack of Spinfits by themselves are about $20-25. I haven't seen an IEM at this price point with as nice a cable. Heck, I like this cable better than a lot of cables, including ones from even $200+ IEMs.

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #4,317 of 4,830
  Justified to me. Sounds good, at least for what I'm listening to, and has a crazy accessory package. A pack of Spinfits by themselves are about $20-25. I haven't seen an IEM at this price point with as nice a cable. Heck, I like this cable better than a lot of cables, including ones from even $200+ IEMs.

I'm new with all of this audiophile, is "Spinfits" that pricey? damn. Ok, convincing enough, I will see if I can get one.

Nov 26, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #4,318 of 4,830
  I'm new with all of this audiophile, is "Spinfits" that pricey? damn. Ok, convincing enough, I will see if I can get one.

Haha, Spinfit tips and Spiral Dot tips are kinda pricey. Like, you could buy cheap Chinese IEMs for the price of buying those silicone tips. I will still caution you against rushing into it. I like my Hyperions, it doesn't necessarily mean they'll be the right choice for you.

Nov 26, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #4,319 of 4,830
  Haha, Spinfit tips and Spiral Dot tips are kinda pricey. Like, you could buy cheap Chinese IEMs for the price of buying those silicone tips. I will still caution you against rushing into it. I like my Hyperions, it doesn't necessarily mean they'll be the right choice for you.

I value isolation, durability and clear vocal (but not too harsh on treble and too recessed on bass of course). Any suggestions?

Sorry if this spoils the topic :)

Nov 26, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #4,320 of 4,830
  I value isolation, durability and clear vocal (but not too harsh on treble and too recessed on bass of course). Any suggestions?

Sorry if this spoils the topic :)

I'd say go to the Trinity Audio Phantom Thread here. The Trinity Audio Vyrus is a slightly more expensive alternative, but almost just as small with removable cables and a tunable filter system so it might have a better chance at hitting the sound signature you want. The Hyperion is pretty v-shaped with pronounced treble and bass, making the mids and some vocals lower on the priority list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back