Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Jul 26, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #3,856 of 4,830
  hey ajaxender, will the bass bleed into the mids for sabre?

I don't think so. From Brookos graphs, the Trinity sound always has a recession through the lower midrange, though 1kHz or so. Keeps them separate. Bass can overwhelm with the bassier filters as Jackpot attests but that is from (lack of) balance rather than lack of quality or direct interference. 

Jul 26, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #3,857 of 4,830

I don't think so. From Brookos graphs, the Trinity sound always has a recession through the lower midrange, though 1kHz or so. Keeps them separate. Bass can overwhelm with the bassier filters as Jackpot attests but that is from (lack of) balance rather than lack of quality or direct interference. 

ah i see. thank you guys for your help. 

Jul 26, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #3,858 of 4,830
I posted in the Vyrus thread first but now i think i need to post here since this envolves more Trinity Audio products and i need your advice guys.

BACKGROUND:

Had:
Cx300 some Creative ones and lately had the Sennheiser CX880 which i really liked. 

Have:
Havi B3 Pro I - With these i kinda have a Love/hate relationship. Some days i think that they sound amazing and some times i feel that they lacking. Currently my main IEM Well, they are my main IEM and i like them but I don't like the "hollow" sound and they are very uncomfortable on my ears.
Vsonic AN16 - i kinda like the sound of these but i think they lack something. Don't know what it is. I think they lack some clarity. They feel like they are "veiled". 
Sony xba-c10 - bough them to try balanced armature. I like how they are really clear. Vocals are amazing and i feel that they are really good on some genres.

On full size i have the Sennheiser HD560 Ovation II that i love and many consider to be very detailed, airy and somewhat bright (i don't think they are bright). Had the HD600 that i also enjoyed pretty much but sold because i prefer the Ovation. 

So, i'm looking for my main IEM for serious listening that would last me a long time so replaceable cable and good built quality is a must.

First started looking into the Vyrus but since i enjoy the clarity of the BA i think hybrid IEM is the way to go. So my options are.

- Sennheiser CX870 that i can buy new old stock for like 30£
- Trinity Vyrus. These seem really good because i like the fact that the cable is detachable and i can tune the sound to my liking. However im afraid that these won't sound much different than the Vsonic An16 and to be honest i don't want another IEM like the AN16. 
- Trinity Delta VII
- Trinity Phantom Master 4 (only considering them because of the preorder price)

These last two really get out of my budget but i might do an effort and go for them. The Phantom Master 4 are still on preorder and they should sound like "Delta on steroids"

Also i have small ears but i like deep insertion, but with the long nozzles that come with the Trinity IEM's i don't think fit will be a problem. 

What you guys recommend?
Anyone heard both the Havi and the Delta (which version?) that can compare both?

Thank you

Jul 26, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #3,859 of 4,830
  I posted in the Vyrus thread first but now i think i need to post here since this envolves more Trinity Audio products and i need your advice guys.

BACKGROUND:

Had:
Cx300 some Creative ones and lately had the Sennheiser CX880 which i really liked. 

Have:
Havi B3 Pro I - With these i kinda have a Love/hate relationship. Some days i think that they sound amazing and some times i feel that they lacking. Currently my main IEM Well, they are my main IEM and i like them but I don't like the "hollow" sound and they are very uncomfortable on my ears.
Vsonic AN16 - i kinda like the sound of these but i think they lack something. Don't know what it is. I think they lack some clarity. They feel like they are "veiled". 
Sony xba-c10 - bough them to try balanced armature. I like how they are really clear. Vocals are amazing and i feel that they are really good on some genres.

On full size i have the Sennheiser HD560 Ovation II that i love and many consider to be very detailed, airy and somewhat bright (i don't think they are bright). Had the HD600 that i also enjoyed pretty much but sold because i prefer the Ovation. 

So, i'm looking for my main IEM for serious listening that would last me a long time so replaceable cable and good built quality is a must.

First started looking into the Vyrus but since i enjoy the clarity of the BA i think hybrid IEM is the way to go. So my options are.

- Sennheiser CX870 that i can buy new old stock for like 30£
- Trinity Vyrus. These seem really good because i like the fact that the cable is detachable and i can tune the sound to my liking. However im afraid that these won't sound much different than the Vsonic An16 and to be honest i don't want another IEM like the AN16. 
- Trinity Delta VII
- Trinity Phantom Master 4 (only considering them because of the preorder price)

These last two really get out of my budget but i might do an effort and go for them. The Phantom Master 4 are still on preorder and they should sound like "Delta on steroids"

Also i have small ears but i like deep insertion, but with the long nozzles that come with the Trinity IEM's i don't think fit will be a problem. 

What you guys recommend?
Anyone heard both the Havi and the Delta (which version?) that can compare both?

Thank you

First off, I'll say that I have the Hyperion (Vyrus predecessor) and the Delta V1.

I'd advise against the Delta V2, not on sound because I'm sure it sounds fantastic from what I've read, but because it's larger and bulkier than the V1, which I have and already find ever so slightly too big for my small ears.

The Vyrus might actually still be a totally viable choice for you since, for a dynamic driver in the low price range, it's probably going to be pretty clear if the Hyperion is anything to go by. The non-tunable Hyperion is a v-shaped bass-heavy IEM, but clear and not congested like many other IEMs I've bought for under $40. With the Vyrus slated as a clear improvement in every way, I wouldn't count that out just yet. My thoughts are that the AN16 is pretty much a cheaper GR07 so it's basically a more updated GR06. And if that's the case, then I would think the Vyrus would be nothing like that as the Hyperion is nothing like what I imagine an upgraded GR06 to sound like. Following my logic here? Lemme know if you don't.

The Havi is best compared to the Delta V1 when the Delta has the gunmetal filters on them. And for me, they're better in almost every way. You (obviously) don't get the same sound stage as the Havi, but there's a cohesion and musicality in the Delta that isn't present in the B3. It's not to say the B3 isn't a good-sounding IEM, it is, but the Delta V1 is better so by proxy, the Delta V2 will be better. Ergonomically, both should be better than the B3 since the B3 was kind of awkward, but the Delta V1 is better than the Delta V2 (IMO) in ergonomics because it's overall smaller than the V2 and less bulky.

If you plan to stick with a dual dynamic, the Sabre is also a viable choice. And some of the reviews for it are out at this point I believe. And if they aren't, they'll be up soon.

Jul 27, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #3,860 of 4,830
I would like to share my opinion about Delta v1. So I got them today and I am pretty much happy. I don't need to spend money on RHA T20 as my bass headphones (few days before I asked here for some bassier headphones, because I found IE80 too much bassy and muddy). These with silver filters are pretty nice for me as bass earphones. They are not muddy, they still have an ok highs.
There is nowhere near as much detail and resolution as on Ety ER-4 and Vsonic GR01. But it is ok, I heard tons of more expensive headphones than ER-4 and GR01 and none of them was close to these in resolution and detail except the new Q-Jays.
So when think about the price and what they offer, I think these are one of the best if not the best in price/performance. There are some - well two earphones in this price range, but none of them excells that well. Ety HF5 and Hifiman RE-400. I think both have better detail, RE-400 has definitely better mids, but both have worse soundstage and overall sound - as you can tune it as you like, from pretty much bright sound where is thesound mostly about highs, to pretty bassy sound, but with the rest of sound remaining ok clear, not muddy.
And yes I did not forget about GR07, they have nice detail, but those highs, are just killing them for me. They can have a touch of sibilance with purple filters, when the recording is bad they can have a touch of sibilance even with gold. Did not hear any with gunmetal or silver. There is a bass bleed into mids - but I don't care about this much - it does not mind to me.

About build - when I saw them for first time I was worried about the cable as it is pretty thin. But in fact it seems pretty durable to me. I have no problem with the size. They are not the smallest (I am looking at you GR01) but not the largest too. No problem with comfort too - wearing them from about 10 am until now, just putting them away when I was at lunch. Oh yea - and no microfonics with cable even with silicon tips.

At the end - I would definitely buy these again, they are so worth. Maybe if there will be oppurtunity to buy second hand Delta V2 in Europe I would buy them. Just because I am so curious. Also hope that Trinity will made some higher end earphones, using BA only - as they have pretty much nice factory tuning + you can always adjust the sound using filters. I would really like to see this.

Jul 31, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #3,861 of 4,830
Behold the Phantom Phoenix
smily_headphones1.gif

M.

Aug 2, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #3,864 of 4,830
Regular price 450 GBP..whoa..makes my HD 600's look dead cheap. But the sennies have some plastic parts though.
Don't really need new headphones of that sort , but I am curious nevertheless :D  
is there any description of the phoenix configuration?

Aug 2, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #3,869 of 4,830
Just curious if there's any sort of ETA on the Vyrus shipping out. My pre-order from March still hasn't shipped, and I noticed the last update a couple/few weeks ago that was sent out to my email said shipping would begin in a few days for the Vyrus. Was there any productions issues last minute that could have caused this delay, or are things wrapping up and shipping out soon?

As much as I eagerly await my Vyrus and love Trinity Audio (and Bob!)'s work, I didn't realize going into placing my order it was going to be a 6 month pre-order instead of 1 month. Obviously unforeseen production changes and scenarios arise which is totally understandable.

Aug 3, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #3,870 of 4,830
Just curious if there's any sort of ETA on the Vyrus shipping out. My pre-order from March still hasn't shipped, and I noticed the last update a couple/few weeks ago that was sent out to my email said shipping would begin in a few days for the Vyrus. Was there any productions issues last minute that could have caused this delay, or are things wrapping up and shipping out soon?

As much as I eagerly await my Vyrus and love Trinity Audio (and Bob!)'s work, I didn't realize going into placing my order it was going to be a 6 month pre-order instead of 1 month. Obviously unforeseen production changes and scenarios arise which is totally understandable.

We have almost shipped them all out and will have the balance out in a couple of days.

We have been making regular updates and even posted an update yesterday on our social media.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back