Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Jul 25, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #3,841 of 4,830

Ah I can see how that could be problematic if the angle isn't just right - which is what I struggle with wearing them over-ear.

I've chopped down some tips so I can fit them in a little deeper, and I've been trying spin-fits since they bend and the angle of insertion doesn't need to be quite the same angle the IEM sits at. Possible ideas for you. I must admit I struggle to recommend a IEM for cable down wear these days, outside of the Chinese IEM thread and you rarely get those ASAP. Actually, maybe the LZ A2s? I slightly preferred the Delta to the old A2, its a warmer sound, but its enjoyable and well regarded here and you can get it from places like Penon audio so shipping speed is less of a gamble. 

Seems like it might be a higher potential of QC issues though with the A2. I got a pair and sent it right back cuz the left side was not only quieter than the right side, but also out of sync as well; noticeably out of sync, meaning like a second of difference between signal reaching the right shell and the left shell. Sounded pretty good out of the one ear that got good signal but I didn't bother trying it again cuz of how long it took to get here in the first place. Not saying you have to get Trinity Audio stuff again (though it's not a bad idea if you're willing to go with over-ear IEMs), but choose wisely. Which I know is hard to do when one doesn't have any backups. At least you had better luck with the A2 than I did.

Jul 25, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #3,842 of 4,830
  Seems like it might be a higher potential of QC issues though with the A2. I got a pair and sent it right back cuz the left side was not only quieter than the right side, but also out of sync as well; noticeably out of sync, meaning like a second of difference between signal reaching the right shell and the left shell. Sounded pretty good out of the one ear that got good signal but I didn't bother trying it again cuz of how long it took to get here in the first place. Not saying you have to get Trinity Audio stuff again (though it's not a bad idea if you're willing to go with over-ear IEMs), but choose wisely. Which I know is hard to do when one doesn't have any backups. At least you had better luck with the A2 than I did.

Was that the A2 or the A2s? I did have luck with my A2, in fact as far as I know it still works for the friend I passed it on to.. I've actually had better luck with all my cheap(ish) aliexpress purchases than the more expensive ones; from Trinity in particular, my original two-tone Atlas arrived with the right side almost completely dead. Of course you get good service from Trinity but thats part of why I mentioned the A2s, since you get it from a known and respected shop instead of aliexpress. Otherwise, yeah its a crapshoot. 

Jul 25, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #3,843 of 4,830
today is vyrus shipping 
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #3,844 of 4,830
Yeah the housing length + 90degree angle of the connector make the Deltav2 a sitting-only affair for me. I wear them straight-down too because the ergonomics don't really allow me to do much else. It's a shame because they sound phenomenal to me. On the other hand, of all the IEMs I own the ergonomics of the Atlas are my favorite...

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #3,846 of 4,830

Was that the A2 or the A2s? I did have luck with my A2, in fact as far as I know it still works for the friend I passed it on to.. I've actually had better luck with all my cheap(ish) aliexpress purchases than the more expensive ones; from Trinity in particular, my original two-tone Atlas arrived with the right side almost completely dead. Of course you get good service from Trinity but thats part of why I mentioned the A2s, since you get it from a known and respected shop instead of aliexpress. Otherwise, yeah its a crapshoot. 

The A2 is what I got. I got it used from a guy and it was working fine for him, so must've gone wrong in shipping. Something probably got loose inside; read that has happened to some people before so I guess that might be what happened to me. Just bad luck.

How do you even wear the Vyrus? Any pics of it in ears?

I haven't seen any pics of it in ears, but it's intended for over-ear wear. That said, I'm also pretty sure it's a fairly small IEM and you should easily be able to just reverse which shells you plug the L/R cables (to have imaging still be correct) into and wear it straight down if that's your your thing. @Bobtrinity, any pics of the Vyrus in your ear?

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #3,847 of 4,830
Anyone know if the Vyrus started spreading today, or is it still in quarantine at Bob's evil IEM lair?

Jul 25, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #3,848 of 4,830
Anyone know if the Vyrus started spreading today, or is it still in quarantine at Bob's evil IEM lair?

Great question, especially considering its technically the 26th there.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #3,852 of 4,830
Thanks I was going to pre-order one of them but I think I'll wait for the reviews. My biggest concern is bass, I don't like neutral or bass anemic sound signatures

Thats never something you have to worry about with Trinity, haha.

Listening to the Sabre right now, the low end is impressive. Just using the gold filters, the full red filter bass response is fun but too much for general listening for me.
The Master 4 and 6 use the same dynamic driver pairing so this would not be an issue for you. We have been led to believe the Master 4 will build upon the tuning of the Delta which would mean besides the solid low end that is a given with Trinity, it should be pretty well balanced through the mids and treble, though you can tune this to a degree. 

Of course, waiting for reviews or impressions is never a bad idea, hopefully not far away. 

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #3,853 of 4,830

Thats never something you have to worry about with Trinity, haha.

Listening to the Sabre right now, the low end is impressive. Just using the gold filters, the full red filter bass response is fun but too much for general listening for me.
The Master 4 and 6 use the same dynamic driver pairing so this would not be an issue for you. We have been led to believe the Master 4 will build upon the tuning of the Delta which would mean besides the solid low end that is a given with Trinity, it should be pretty well balanced through the mids and treble, though you can tune this to a degree. 

Of course, waiting for reviews or impressions is never a bad idea, hopefully not far away. 

hey ajaxender, will the bass bleed into the mids for sabre?

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #3,854 of 4,830
  hey ajaxender, will the bass bleed into the mids for sabre?

I don't think the bass bleeds into the mids from my experience - the red "bass cannon" filter can get a bit boomy and overwhelming with EDM and really bass heavy tracks, but for the more mainstream/neutral filters the bass is generally pretty tight and well-behaved.

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #3,855 of 4,830
  I don't think the bass bleeds into the mids from my experience - the red "bass cannon" filter can get a bit boomy and overwhelming with EDM and really bass heavy tracks, but for the more mainstream/neutral filters the bass is generally pretty tight and well-behaved.

ah i see. i am tempted to get the sabre ._.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back