Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Sep 29, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #2,281 of 4,830
  @Bobtrinity

Great news :).

How does the new filter affect the treble signature?

Curiously, after receiving my deltas and having some friends and coworkers try them:
  1. Me and my friends/coworkers who are of my age and below (<30) - found the treble response almost overwhelming at times (took me some time to get used to this),
  2. While somewhat older friends/coworkers (mostly above 35) - found the treble perfect.

In case you're wondering, we all went wow within seconds anyway, so no biggie
wink.gif

Still, if enough users happen to confirm this phenomenon, it would be both interesting and somewhat funny to see development of "age group specific" filters 
etysmile.gif
M.

You don't lose any treble with the new filter.

I think there is 3 reasons why you felt the treble was overwhelming, either
A) You and your friends are treble sensitive
B) As mentioned above your hearing has not degraded to much and treble is more noticeable
C) Your have been used to listening to poor IEMs before?

We have some other goodies coming which will be our final models for the next 2-3 years (including current ones) which maybe more up your alley.

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #2,282 of 4,830
Thanks for your very speedy reply! I don't have need of the mic/ remote, so I'll wait for the release of the regular model. Will you be announcing its availability here or elsewhere?

I've always found Brooko's reviews right on the money for my listening preferences, so I'm excited!

Thanks again!

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #2,283 of 4,830
Just got hold of the gold filters, thanks Bob! 

First impressions are that they're really in between the gunmetal and the silvers, a gentler v if you will.
They add a little sparkle and excitement to the smooth gunmetal signature, though at the cost of having the mids take a step back.

I like them rather more than the silvers, which are too vibrant for my (slightly) treble sensitive ears.

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #2,284 of 4,830
  Just got hold of the gold filters, thanks Bob! 

First impressions are that they're really in between the gunmetal and the silvers, a gentler v if you will.
They add a little sparkle and excitement to the smooth gunmetal signature, though at the cost of having the mids take a step back.

I like them rather more than the silvers, which are too vibrant for my (slightly) treble sensitive ears.

Would you not put the new golds between the gunmetal and purple?

Sep 29, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #2,286 of 4,830

Age group specific, what you talkin' about Willis
blink.gif
LOL It's a known fact that our hearing drops off with age and as many an old timer has said to me growing up all they hear is the thump of the bass which is why I probably love my liquid mid ranges and glowing highs but once again we all make this transition at different times and that means everyone's not specifically hit right at 30 or 35. Just saying having the option to have 4 separate filters is the best for everyone overall, best hold onto all your filters because the one thing I'm positive of is the fact none of us are getting younger
rolleyes.gif

True that
etysmile.gif
. It's not that I don't know this - I was just surprised that the slightly older people around me found the treble not "just" good or great, but perfect, like "touched by god" perfect. I probably should've made this clearer earlier
biggrin.gif

Speaking of degrading hearing and age, a serious question
popcorn.gif
:

You are approached by someone who can make you immortal and is willing to do so without charge or ulterior motives. Unfortunately this immortality comes in 2 very distinct flavors:
  1. You are fully immortal except for your ears and the related auditory functions ..these age normally.
  2. Only your ears and related auditory functions are immortal with the added benefit that they will now function to the apex of human ability (absolute pitch, widest range of sensitivity, no degradation ever, etc).

Which.one.do.you.choose?
deadhorse.gif

You don't lose any treble with the new filter.

I think there is 3 reasons why you felt the treble was overwhelming, either
A) You and your friends are treble sensitive
B) As mentioned above your hearing has not degraded to much and treble is more noticeable
C) Your have been used to listening to poor IEMs before?

We have some other goodies coming which will be our final models for the next 2-3 years (including current ones) which maybe more up your alley.

Understood, thanks.

A-B) Perhaps, not sure. I hope you're right about the second point. Naturally, all cases revolve around source material with emphasized treble to begin with.
C) Not for the past year.

What complements any teaser well is that full blown action packed trailer - can't wait to hear more about what's coming
rolleyes.gif

Just to be clear, although I'm now slightly more picky about source material quality/treble peaks, my current experience with the deltas is already up my alley - they sound amazing and complement my existing gear very nicely, easily competing in terms of sound and build quality with the pricier gear in my possession.

So much in fact, that I've backed the new sports iem campaign (went for the atlas perk)
biggrin.gif
M.

Sep 29, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #2,290 of 4,830
Bob ....... I am really enjoying your Delta's , so much so that I am jumping on the kickstarter for the Atlas.
First off I really like the color of the yellow/gold filter ...... any chance to get the Atlas body in that color.
Second question are the filters of the Delta model and the new Atlas interchangeable ? I have to tip my hat to you , love your tune-able iem's
Thanks Bob. :)

Sep 29, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #2,291 of 4,830
Atlas uses same filter size as Techne.  Delta's are too large.

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #2,293 of 4,830

Would you not put the new golds between the gunmetal and purple?

Hmm I'll do a comparison to the purple ones when I get back but they did remind me of tamed silvers. Admittedly I have used the purples less often than the gunmetal and silvers as I can't really take the treble. (My music is pitchy.)

Sep 30, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #2,294 of 4,830

Hmm I'll do a comparison to the purple ones when I get back but they did remind me of tamed silvers. Admittedly I have used the purples less often than the gunmetal and silvers as I can't really take the treble. (My music is pitchy.)

I put the purples in on day 1 as part of my quick listens to see what filter struck me best and haven't put them in since. Really not able to deal with the loss of bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back