Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Sep 26, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #2,267 of 4,830
@Bobtrinity :  "
20% OFF FOR ALL HEAD-FI MEMBERS , JUST ENTER CODE HEADFIMEMBERS01 AT CHECKOUT" ?! -​
Bought mine for "only"  10% off  
blink.gif
 ( Order #1313)

Sep 28, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #2,269 of 4,830
Hey guys, anyone care to make a lil comparison between the Deltas and the re-400? I know H20 did one for the Hyperions, but it would seem the Deltas are more of a direct contendsr, though it is quite a bit pricier at this point.

I would be much obliged!

Sep 28, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #2,270 of 4,830
Deltas arrived today.

Jesus these things look so cool, and fit so perfectly. Aesthetically are like a pumped Soundmagic E10.

New Gold filters in a little bag in the carry case. Haven't tried them yet, just been playing music using the stock fitted gunmetals and the fitted tips.

Verdict so far? Forking brilliant. So natural and lifelike. Just the right amount of bass, mods, treble for my ears. Really effortless and seductively real tonality.

Better than the Fidue A73 that's for sure.

Don't feel the need to try out the different filters and tips, but just in case there's an even better combo, I will give it a spin tomorrow. Somehow I doubt it.

Cheers Bob, you're a mad genius mate and no mistake. 72 quid for these? Have a word with yourself.

Sep 28, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #2,271 of 4,830
Deltas arrived today.

Jesus these things look so cool, and fit so perfectly. Aesthetically are like a pumped Soundmagic E10.

New Gold filters in a little bag in the carry case. Haven't tried them yet, just been playing music using the stock fitted gunmetals and the fitted tips.

Verdict so far? Forking brilliant. So natural and lifelike. Just the right amount of bass, mods, treble for my ears. Really effortless and seductively real tonality.

Better than the Fidue A73 that's for sure.

Don't feel the need to try out the different filters and tips, but just in case there's an even better combo, I will give it a spin tomorrow. Somehow I doubt it.

Cheers Bob, you're a mad genius mate and no mistake. 72 quid for these? Have a word with yourself.

Words had...no ones listening :D

Glad your enjoying them

Sep 29, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #2,274 of 4,830
What's the deal with these gold filters folks seem to be getting? When can I get them?

The golds seem to be a halfway house between the gunmetal and the silver as far as I can tell.

But having tried all 4 filters now, and the supplied tips, I am of the opinion the gunmetal that come fitted to the Deltas are perfect for me. Just wonderfully well tuned to my tastes.

Sep 29, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #2,275 of 4,830
  What's the deal with these gold filters folks seem to be getting? When can I get them?

Already dropped Bob a PM but has yet got a reply. My friend in UK now see if it could be arranged to send over and hand carry back to me.

Sep 29, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #2,277 of 4,830
@Bobtrinity

Great news :).

How does the new filter affect the treble signature?

Curiously, after receiving my deltas and having some friends and coworkers try them:
  1. Me and my friends/coworkers who are of my age and below (<30) - found the treble response almost overwhelming at times (took me some time to get used to this),
  2. While somewhat older friends/coworkers (mostly above 35) - found the treble perfect.

In case you're wondering, we all went wow within seconds anyway, so no biggie
wink.gif

Still, if enough users happen to confirm this phenomenon, it would be both interesting and somewhat funny to see development of "age group specific" filters 
etysmile.gif
M.

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #2,278 of 4,830
  @Bobtrinity

Great news :).

How does the new filter affect the treble signature?

Curiously, after receiving my deltas and having some friends and coworkers try them:
  1. Me and my friends/coworkers who are of my age and below (<30) - found the treble response almost overwhelming at times (took me some time to get used to this),
  2. While somewhat older friends/coworkers (mostly above 35) - found the treble perfect.

In case you're wondering, we all went wow within seconds anyway, so no biggie
wink.gif

Still, if enough users happen to confirm this phenomenon, it would be both interesting and somewhat funny to see development of "age group specific" filters 
etysmile.gif
M.

Age group specific, what you talkin' about Willis
blink.gif
LOL It's a known fact that our hearing drops off with age and as many an old timer has said to me growing up all they hear is the thump of the bass which is why I probably love my liquid mid ranges and glowing highs but once again we all make this transition at different times and that means everyone's not specifically hit right at 30 or 35. Just saying having the option to have 4 separate filters is the best for everyone overall, best hold onto all your filters because the one thing I'm positive of is the fact none of us are getting younger
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back