Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Aug 23, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #1,757 of 4,830
Not necessary for driving power fo sho!

Just wondering if brother @ozkan prefers Topping sound sig / SQ to the AP100...

Yes bro. I prefer it to the amp of the AP100. For me NX1 give a bit more detailed and spacious sound than AP100's internal amp. Not for power but for a meatier and weightier sound. 
wink.gif
 Though NX1 is a bit more powerful amp. 

Aug 23, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #1,758 of 4,830
Yes bro. I prefer it to the amp of the AP100. For me NX1 give a bit more detailed and spacious sound than AP100's internal amp. Not for power but for a meater and weightier sound. :wink:  Though NX1 is a bit more powerful amp. 

Thanks! That's exactly what I wanted to know. Haven't heard the NX1 and was wondering what made you grab it.
:beerchug:

Aug 23, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #1,759 of 4,830
Thanks! That's exactly what I wanted to know. Haven't heard the NX1 and was wondering what made you grab it.
beerchug.gif

The NX1 is another one of those things that are cheap enough to buy on a whim, and good enough not to regret buying it (honestly, it is very good considering the price)

Aug 23, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #1,760 of 4,830
Delta finally arrives. It certainly took a while..

Aug 23, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #1,761 of 4,830
smily_headphones1.gif
It was ABSOLUTELY worth the wait.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 23, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #1,762 of 4,830
Here are my impressions on Hyperion. I've been using them for more than 50 hours. 

Hyperion is definitely a bass cannon IEM, too much bass that is fun to listen even for me who likes more mid-oriented and analytical sound. They are very good indeed. It is the treble that hurts the overall sound a bit. It sounds artifical with stock tips however comply foams take the edge on the treble and tames the bass significantly. I've found that the complies are must for the Hyperion since they can be stretchy and too bass and treble focused a typical "V" sound signature with stock tips.

About the tootpick mod they did make a significant difference. They bring back the mids more forward and clean up the mids which was a bit muffled and recessed and not detailed before. They somehow corrected the overall sound. I have to admit that I was not fond of their sound before I gave my toothpick a chance 
biggrin.gif
 I have some other mods I want to try but Bob has done a great work in making an indestructible IEM. 
biggrin.gif
 Maybe adding some foam behind the driver as there is nothing behind the driver would make them better.

Do I like them? Yes. Are they better than my MK5 or IM50? No, but they are great when I need some fun and excitement when on the go.   

Aug 23, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #1,763 of 4,830
Here are my impressions on Hyperion. I've been using them for more than 50 hours. 

Hyperion is definitely a bass cannon IEM, too much bass that is fun to listen even for me who likes more mid-oriented and analytical sound. They are very good indeed. It is the treble that hurts the overall sound a bit. It sounds artifical with stock tips however comply foams take the edge on the treble and tames the bass significantly. I've found that the complies are must for the Hyperion since they can be stretchy and too bass and treble focused a typical "V" sound signature with stock tips.

About the tootpick mod they did make a significant difference. They bring back the mids more forward and clean up the mids which was a bit muffled and recessed and not detailed before. They somehow corrected the overall sound. I have to admit that I was not fond of their sound before I gave my toothpick a chance :D  I have some other mods I want to try but Bob has done a great work in making an indestructible IEM. :D  Maybe adding some foam behind the driver as there is nothing behind the driver would make them better.

Do I like them? Yes. Are they better than my MK5 or IM50? No, but they are great when I need some fun and excitement when on the go.   

Its always fascinates me how we all hear things so differently. I dont hear the same things you do and i am sure there will be other variations in between.

This is what always keeps me on my toes and looking at best ways to suit the majority of tastes, hence the filter system on other models. :D

Aug 23, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #1,764 of 4,830
Its always fascinates me how we all hear things so differently. I dont hear the same things you do and i am sure there will be other variations in between.

This is what always keeps me on my toes and looking at best ways to suit the majority of tastes, hence the filter system on other models.
biggrin.gif

I wish you could also have added some filters to Hyperion. I know they are too small but hey there are toothpicks now.
biggrin.gif

I'm listening Etymotic MK5 for a long time maybe that's why I find the Hyperion bass heavy. You know Etymotic is lean on bass but articulate. 

Anyways you have done a great job Bob! Thanks for the red case gift btw. 
beerchug.gif

Aug 23, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #1,765 of 4,830
I wish you could also have added some filters to Hyperion. I know they are too small but hey there are toothpicks now. :D  
I'm listening Etymotic MK5 for a long time maybe that's why I find the Hyperion bass heavy. You know Etymotic is lean on bass but articulate. 

Anyways you have done a great job Bob! Thanks for the red case gift btw. :beerchug:  

I did build some prototype hyperion with filters, but the size was too big for what i wanted to achieve.

Aug 23, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #1,766 of 4,830
I have a feeling that with small tweaks Hyperion can be one of the best IEMs around regardless of the price. 

Aug 23, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #1,768 of 4,830
Been playing around with tips of hyperion since I fetched them from the post office this morning. Silicon tips bring forth metallic and somewhat artificial sounding treble. Using comply tips remedied that. The stock comply tips reminded me of the ones used by Fidue, though a lot softer. I'm using the T-500 comply tips from a previous purchase and comfort is superb and the IEM disappears in my ears.

Coming from FX850, I don't think there is too much bass presence with hyperion, although it makes the mids somewhat distant (recessed). It lacks enough thump to make my feet tap, but that is not important for me with this IEM. Highly reminds me of the 3590 sig, but with less mids presence. Also with Duoza, but with less splashy treble and bass slam. At the low price point, I have no glaring complaints. I just pop on my favorite tunes and enjoy them on the go.

Those are only my first impressions and by no means set in stone. Will give them a week's run and maybe come up with a review, if time permits, before moving on to the delta and techne.

Thanks again to Bob for easing up my doubts on shipping until the IEMs reached my hands. Looking forward to your future projects.

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

Aug 23, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #1,769 of 4,830

I wish you could also have added some filters to Hyperion.

Is the Techne tuned differently than the Hyperion? Or is it a matter of the form factor?

"The Trinity TECHNE uses the same audiophile grade neodymium drivers of the HYPERION while incorporating 3 x tuning filters allowing you to switch between bass, balanced and high sound signatures."

Source

Aug 23, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #1,770 of 4,830
Is the Techne tuned differently than the Hyperion? Or is it a matter of the form factor?

"The Trinity TECHNE uses the same audiophile grade neodymium drivers of the HYPERION while incorporating 3 x tuning filters allowing you to switch between bass, balanced and high sound signatures."

Source

The main difference is the chamber tuning so the sound is a little different, then of course is the filters, but the driver is the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back