Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA
Feb 27, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #526 of 613
  @RHA Team - at some stage will you look at a re-engineered T10i with less bass and more reference?  I really loved the fit, the feel, the mid-range - just not the bass.  Would be great if you had a second model tuned a little differently .....

Hey Brooko,

Can't say much about future products, hope you can understand. I can say though that the T10i is the start of a whole new range from us and that similarly to the MA Series, there will be some similarities between the T10i and anything else that might appear in the T Series! Definitely keep an eye out for what's coming up.

In a totally-not-related-subject, who's looking forward to CanJam So Cal? 

Feb 27, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #528 of 613
Hey Brooko,

Can't say much about future products, hope you can understand. I can say though that the T10i is the start of a whole new range from us and that similarly to the MA Series, there will be some similarities between the T10i and anything else that might appear in the T Series! Definitely keep an eye out for what's coming up.

In a totally-not-related-subject, who's looking forward to CanJam So Cal? 

Thanks - definitely interested in seeing what else you come up with.

Wish CanJam wasn't so far away - unfortunately 12000km is just a little bit beyond a weekend trip :frowning2:

Mar 1, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #529 of 613
Has anybody else tried them on an iPhone 6 (Plus) and found it too sibilant? I was trying them instore straight from my phone and… sibilance galore. I was listening to FLAC files. I didn't get a good seal, however since the stock tips were too huge for my ear canals.

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #530 of 613
Has anybody else tried them on an iPhone 6 (Plus) and found it too sibilant? I was trying them instore straight from my phone and… sibilance galore. I was listening to FLAC files. I didn't get a good seal, however since the stock tips were too huge for my ear canals.[/

quote] they are at first but they settle in after 50 + hours of burn in. When I first got them I coudent tolerate the treble filter and now that's all I use

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #531 of 613

Has anybody else tried them on an iPhone 6 (Plus) and found it too sibilant? I was trying them instore straight from my phone and… sibilance galore. I was listening to FLAC files. I didn't get a good seal, however since the stock tips were too huge for my ear canals.[/

quote] they are at first but they settle in after 50 + hours of burn in. When I first got them I coudent tolerate the treble filter and now that's all I use

Getting a good seal will make a big difference in terms of sibilance - did they not have other sizes on hand? Can I ask which store you visited?

Burn in might also make a difference, again it would be good to know which store as Apple Retail Stores only very recently got their instore demo kits and they are likely to be box fresh.

Thanks!

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #532 of 613
Burn-In doesn't exist; if it did, why would iems/phones not sound worse after 200 hours burn-in, at least, say, 50% of the time?

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #533 of 613
  Burn-In doesn't exist; if it did, why would iems/phones not sound worse after 200 hours burn-in, at least, say, 50% of the time?

Just just dont bring that up. Discussed many times in this site. So the advice is, do as you like. No one forcing you to do it. Just dont complain about it.

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #534 of 613

Just just dont bring that up. Discussed many times in this site. So the advice is, do as you like. No one forcing you to do it. Just dont complain about it.

It irks me when a headphone/iem manufacturer suggests trying burn-in, as if it's going to make their badly-tuned, bass-heavy iems sound any better. Are they idiotic, or suspect that their purveyors are?

The T10i were the worst audio product I ever bought. I kept them past the return limit on Amazon and eventually managed to move them on, but felt a little bad for the buyer. May as well have chucked £150 into the Clyde. Won't be supporting this local company again.

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #535 of 613
  It irks me when a headphone/iem manufacturer suggests trying burn-in, as if it's going to make their badly-tuned, bass-heavy iems sound any better. Are they idiotic, or suspect that their purveyors are?

The T10i were the worst audio product I ever bought. I kept them past the return limit on Amazon and eventually managed to move them on, but felt a little bad for the buyer. May as well have chucked £150 into the Clyde. Won't be supporting this local company again.

Sorry about that, its that companies are cashing on these things. Perceptions to be precise. Dont feel bad for the buyer, there are people who will love to have it. We have our own preferences and you should keep that in mind.
  Next time on, wait a bit for reviews. Man, i dont have it or will not have it, but i dont think its that bad, is it?

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #536 of 613
Beats sound-quality in a prettier frock - yes, they were that bad to me.

Mar 3, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #538 of 613

The manufacturer didn't suggest it the previous poster had brought it up. Said the treble was too harsh, but after 50+ hours it settled due to burn in (paraphrase).

Rha said it "could" be burn in... He didn't tell him to burn them in, it would sound better, etc.

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #539 of 613
The manufacturer didn't suggest it the previous poster had brought it up. Said the treble was too harsh, but after 50+ hours it settled due to burn in (paraphrase).

Rha said it "could" be burn in... He didn't tell him to burn them in, it would sound better, etc.

Every single comment by the manufacturer on t10i reviews on Amazon suggests the iem may sound better with burn-in - duplicitous nonsense IMHO. But, I've learnt my lesson - won't buy local again. Such a waste of money for sub-par audio - many sub £50 iems sound a lot better.

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #540 of 613
I didn't check reviews on Amazon... Was just going according to that post. Not sure why you are so mad at them. You made the mistake of not returning within your 30 days. You didn't like them, which is fine, you could have returned them.

You also are no different then them, selling those IEMS, which you hate, think sound terrible to some poor unsuspecting soul...for your own gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back