Introducing the Audeze MM-500!
Jun 4, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #46 of 476
Is 1699 the price for preorders or will this always be the price? Gonna be very annoying if they raise it!

What is annoying is the "kickstarter" "paper" release.. as Audeze never has any product ready, when they "release it".

Is this because they have ZERO created, other than the final version, and want to see if they get a lot of orders, to THEN start making them?

Seems so.

Jun 4, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #47 of 476
What is annoying is the "kickstarter" "paper" release.. as Audeze never has any product ready, when they "release it".

Is this because they have ZERO created, other than the final version, and want to see if they get a lot of orders, to THEN start making them?

Seems so.
Have you never heard of a pre-order? Pretty much every single manufacturer, not just headphones, do it. It's widely accepted as the standard launch model for new products.

Jun 4, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #48 of 476

Seems so.
well, to be fair this thing also happen in car/motorcycle industries since decade ago

Jun 4, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #49 of 476
This headphone has been purpose-built from the ground up to deliver studio-quality sound, reimagined, for mixes that translate well and capture the emotion the artist intended.

If this headphone can capture the emotion of the artist intended.

Then is "THE" best headphone in the world ?

Stop. Period ?

:>)
I have to write this as this stuff makes me wonder (as they say in the classics)……
I also wonder if there is context for this line on their website for this hp:

“the MM-500 produces unparalleled audio quality that other headphones can only dream of”.
And that is a quote from the website/marketing/offer proposition.

Is the lcd5 going out of production? Or is the lcd5 just inferior in audio quality. I guess no need for me to further consider the lcd 5.
And where does that put, for example, my susvaras?

Jun 4, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #52 of 476
They probably meant within that price range. The marketing team got a bit overenthusiastic.
Yeah, I don't know why other people are so confused about it. The LCD-5 has a thinner diaphragm, and can therefore move faster than mm-500. Just like the LCD-4 has a thinner diaphragm from the MX4.

Jun 4, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #54 of 476
That can be said for any headphone: their full potential can only be reached from a good amp. It doesn't mean this headphone won't sound incredible compared to other comparably priced headphones coming strait out of a computer.
@chargedcapacitor I think such over simplification is really bad. Even if you take out of equations IMEs there are still cans that are great even without dedicated headamp. Audiquest NO and NH are ones that comes to my mind immediately.

Another issue I have with Audezee headphones is quality and sound signature: you never know if the second pair will sound the same as the first one.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #55 of 476
@chargedcapacitor I think such over simplification is really bad. Even if you take out of equations IMEs there are still cans that are great even without dedicated headamp. Audiquest NO and NH are ones that comes to my mind immediately.

Another issue I have with Audezee headphones is quality and sound signature: you never know if the second pair will sound the same as the first one.
I'm not sure you got my first point. I'm saying a headphone can sound great without an amp, but sound even better with a good amp.

Yes, I have first hand experience with Audeze sound signature control between cans of the same model. I think with the newer LCD line, they have mostly mitigated this problem. Most LCD-5 fr plots have looked identical to each other from what I have seen. I would bet that the MM-500 follows suit.

Jun 4, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #56 of 476
Manny works with a lot of music where sub bass is important. The LCD-5, like other Audeze, while reaching 20 hz easily, perhaps due to how much more they have going on in the lower mids, seem comparatively bass shy and even rolled off. Their Mobius has the Harman touch and subs that are notably better, while lacking the refinement of the LCD series. This could bridge the gap. There is no way the LCD-5 flat even in the best amplification will be great on sub bass, and while they've an app to adjust bass, the goal is for headphones to give you a real full range reach and general sound curve that you can take with you, even get plugged into a phone, without such apps. Let's hope this does it.

Jun 4, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #57 of 476
Just hoping for good QC on these.

Edit: NVM... I can guess that MM logo is going to wear off the inside of the suspension strap after month 6.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #59 of 476

First Model in a New Professional Audio Line

Audeze, in collaboration with our new Head of Professional Products, 11-time Grammy-winning engineer/producer Manny Marroquin, is proud to announce the MM-500. This headphone has been purpose-built from the ground up to deliver studio-quality sound, reimagined, for mixes that translate well and capture the emotion the artist intended.

CEEMsRtLd_gm8n2BONpymnwFnrjSPAG6VE8L4ybd1knYk-4-ItByIsVkjWdoKt3mhylFNmCe_5gAwQ1fb3MUxD0Eprhr4zaSa4BH_M3WFSwB-z0sWaqom9n1IA8VNj93DtW3xMG5Tu94RHL5cA

“The best definition, clarity, and depth out of any headphone I’ve ever used”
-Manny Marroquin

Built to offer all-day comfort, the MM-500 sports a new lighter chassis design featuring machined aluminum, spring steel, and premium leather earpads. The planar magnetic drivers feature patented Audeze technologies to deliver lightning-fast transients and accurate frequency
response that professionals rely on. The MM-500’s low impedance and efficiency ensure compatibility with virtually all audio interfaces and consoles.

Hi4hfY6EdQzPCHwvst4MyX5DAfjEw6J8So2ZYehQ6LseINR3w3QvmoJ2tCRy4LQx9sMfpj5T2LH2Lvp_KpdFIqLgxOlJFCNPYOrzwcTrdgdpIn6cV1KSyPaU0FKXbbHCXe-_Reb7iV9PXzHQqQ

The MM-500 is now available for pre-order at Audeze.com for $1699, first shipments are expected in August 2022. Don’t hesitate, step up to the headphone used to mix Kendrick Lamar's #1 album "Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers" at Larrabee Studios: the Audeze MM-500.

MM Series | MM-500

MM-500 Specifications
StyleOver-ear, open-back
Transducer typePlanar Magnetic
Magnetic structureFluxor™ magnet array
Phase managementFazor™
Magnet typeNeodymium N50
Diaphragm typeUltra-Thin Uniforce™
Transducer size90 mm
Maximum SPL>130dB
Frequency response5Hz - 50kHz
THD<0.1% @ 100 dB SPL, 1kHz
Sensitivity100 dB/1mW (at Drum Reference Point)
Impedance18 ohms
Max power handling5W RMS
Min recommended power>100mW
Recommended power level>250mW
Weight495g

Includes:
MM-500 Headphone
Braided Cable
Economy Travel Case
Certificate of Authenticity and Warranty Cards
This all looks fantastic! Any comment on the direction you and Mr. Marroquin took the tuning in comparison to something like the LCD-5 which shares its form factor?

Jun 4, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #60 of 476
Manny works with a lot of music where sub bass is important. The LCD-5, like other Audeze, while reaching 20 hz easily, perhaps due to how much more they have going on in the lower mids, seem comparatively bass shy and even rolled off. Their Mobius has the Harman touch and subs that are notably better, while lacking the refinement of the LCD series. This could bridge the gap. There is no way the LCD-5 flat even in the best amplification will be great on sub bass, and while they've an app to adjust bass, the goal is for headphones to give you a real full range reach and general sound curve that you can take with you, even get plugged into a phone, without such apps. Let's hope this does it.
No LCD headphone ever will have anything other than flat bass, MM-500 included. if you're hoping this headphone has a bass shelf, you will be disappointed.

If it does some how have a bass shelf, I'll eat my hat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back