Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Nov 30, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #2,791 of 4,765
All my music is redbook 44.1 or 48khz 16bit, so I can't imagine that's it.

I can confirm however that leaving it alone for 5 minutes did work. It suddenly started playing music.

So is that normal to have a delay with the menu frozen, when playing from the highest level?

I can't say it is as the only time that happen to me was when the DXD file which was in wav was compressed into flac.

Dec 1, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #2,792 of 4,765
5 minutes to open a folder is not an acceptable quirk - I looked at a few unboxing clips on youtube and it seems to be one of the most responsive players on the market to me. Doesn't sound right.

Dec 1, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #2,794 of 4,765

All my music is redbook 44.1 or 48khz 16bit, so I can't imagine that's it.

I can confirm however that leaving it alone for 5 minutes did work. It suddenly started playing music.

So is that normal to have a delay with the menu frozen, when playing from the highest level?

How big is your card?

I think what you did is put everything in your card in a queue to play. If you got a lot of files, I would imagine the processing time will not be small. Especially if the player have to read them all to queue them up.

Dec 1, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #2,795 of 4,765

How big is your card?

I think what you did is put everything in your card in a queue to play. If you got a lot of files, I would imagine the processing time will not be small. Especially if the player have to read them all to queue them up.

I believe that is what I did. My card is 256gig

Is that not the correct way to have the device random play everything?

Dec 1, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #2,797 of 4,765
I never used the LPG to play music randomly and my card was 512 GB.There wasn't a delay at all no matter how much music i had on it, or how big were the files.Did you email Lotoo about your issue?

Me too card size never caused issues for me also

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #2,798 of 4,765
Well it seems one of the strong point of the LPG is the os that is especially design from the ground up for the LPG to make it really fast. So it doesn't make sense that it should take that long to read or load may be except the first time.

I am waiting for my Diana to arrive today with 512 Gb San Disk Extreme Pro. In fact, the LPG should be capable to read up to 2 Tb when it is available. My LPG should already set up with preload music so I don't need to do anything to it. It should be just hit and play. However I do have a question regarding the file structure. Does anyone know whether all the music folders need to be stored in a folder call music folder in the root or can you just copy album folders into the root? In my AK380, I am able to create a folder calls DSD, a folder calls Hires, and a folder calls redbook for the different types of music and it has no problem reading them.

Also, my understanding is that the LPG is capable to display album art in one of the three screens, so album art file shouldn't cause any problem.

How long does the LPG need to burn in?

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #2,800 of 4,765
I still miss mine at times but I mostly use these things on the go as portables in a pant pocket and it was just a bit larger/heavier than I would use.

The LPG a bit larger and heavier? Definitely not compare to my AK240SS, or 380 cu or even my DX100, or the new Sony 1a/1z, or many of the totl daps current offerings. Well I have an iPod that is about one square inch but the sound is nowhere near the above daps.

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #2,803 of 4,765
$ 2,000 of DAP and a pair of headphones ve monk for $ 5  thanThe World will smile! :)

Well tell that to the guys that have the song 1z or the AK 380cu with the Zeus xr ADEL :D

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #2,804 of 4,765
@jalo- looking forward to your impressions, but right off the bat whether or not sensitive iems hiss.

Will do. My Andro and Fibass are both sensitive iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back