Introducing Lawton Audio-- Denon Mods, Re-Cables, Woodies & More.
Feb 25, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #136 of 279
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, some more pics for some customers.
Here we have the latest LA2000 to ship with V4 Jarrah cups. This pair of D2000s has been fitted with a D7000 cable that has been shortened and a quality Neutrik jack put on for termination. I think these are the prettiest Jarrahs so far:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9805/jarrahv4la2000.jpg[MG]

[IMG]http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9941/jarrahla2000cable.jpgIMG][/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Ohhh they are really beautiful [img]http://www.head-fi.org/forums/images/smilies/smily_headphones1.gif
Thank you for the pictures

,Stian

EDIT: Hehe I actually got butterflies now
biggrin.gif
, first in a long time

Feb 25, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #138 of 279
Anyone know how to re-size the thread? Somehow, after my last post, it got re-sized, now the text drifts off the page to the right...

Quote:

Hi Mark,
Any D2000 Cup will fit a D5000, correct?

Les, the D2000 is physically different from the D5000 and D7000. The cups have to made differently for the D2000 and will not fit the other two. We make cups for all the phones and have sheoak cups for the D5000/D7000 as well.

Feb 25, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #139 of 279
Quote:

Anyone know how to re-size the thread? Somehow, after my last post, it got re-sized, now the text drifts off the page to the right...

Les, the D2000 is physically different from the D5000 and D7000. The cups have to made differently for the D2000 and will not fit the other two. We make cups for all the phones and have sheoak cups for the D5000/D7000 as well.

I think it happens when you use pics bigger than the 600x600 the photo that the head-fi album uses, even if the pics don't go past the edge of the page.

Feb 25, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #140 of 279
Quote:

The thread resizes to accommodate the picture size.

Thanx for the info about the cups.

Feb 26, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #141 of 279
Quote:

OK, some more pics for some customers.

Here is the latest pair of the Tasmanian Blackwood V4 cups for the D2000. This pair is sold, but we can and will be making more. The magical thing about the blackwood is the way this stuff just lights up and takes on a golden glow when angled a certain way. To show how dramatic the color shifts are, check out these two photos of the same pair:

tasblackwoodv4.jpg

tasblacwoodshine.jpg

Here we have the latest LA2000 to ship with V4 Jarrah cups. This pair of D2000s has been fitted with a D7000 cable that has been shortened and a quality Neutrik jack put on for termination. I think these are the prettiest Jarrahs so far:

[MG]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9805/jarrahv4la2000.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9941/jarrahla2000cable.jpg[/IMG]

Finally, let's take a look at the latest shipment of D2000 Sheoak cups. First my Quality Control expert sniffs out any anomalies before giving two paws up. With his approval, we then take a closer look inside the box.

[IG]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/113/dscn7539s.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/5639/sheoakbox.jpg[/IMG]

WOW!!!! Mark, those are gorgeous; cant wait for them to get here so I can see them for myself. and dont forget the sound. soooooo excited now

Feb 28, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #142 of 279
[size=medium]FS: Gently Used MD5000 DE, 7.5ft. Jena Labs Cable[/size]

singleendeddeluxe.jpg

This was my personal pair, low hours, has not been used for 7-8 months as I have gone balanced. Great condition, low low price. This would normally run $1099 new.

[size=small]This pair $649 plus shipping.[/size]

Shoot me an e-mail or Private Message if interested.

Mar 3, 2009 at 11:01 AM Post #143 of 279
cups arrived today marvelous work mark I love them!!!!. pass on my compliments to the craftsman. they sound as beautiful as they look too.
nice man!!
beerchug.gif

Mar 9, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #144 of 279
On the subject of this sort of thing, I was wondering if I could ask one thing about those custom cups for the D2000 (or well, either it or the D5000 really.) I know they affect the tonality of it (and in favorable ways in the case of the switch from plastic to good wood.) I wonder if they have a strong effect on the highs and lows though?

One thing I'm thinking about after reading a bit more by way of reviews. It seems that at least one person has said that the harsher highs and slightly more recessed mids was a symptom of the mod. Of course, without it the bass does go a bit too far IMO. I'm wondering if it might work best for me just to get an unmodified medium density (as in medium medium, not just barely below high density classification or anything like that) -- that this might get a bit of the best of both worlds?

Mar 9, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #145 of 279
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cups arrived today marvelous work mark I love them!!!!. pass on my compliments to the craftsman. they sound as beautiful as they look too.
nice man!!
beerchug.gif

Cups are Made In Ozz, as you probably know.
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 9, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #146 of 279
Quote:

It seems that at least one person has said that the harsher highs and slightly more recessed mids was a symptom of the mod. Of course, without it the bass does go a bit too far IMO. I'm wondering if it might work best for me just to get an unmodified medium density (as in medium medium, not just barely below high density classification or anything like that) -- that this might get a bit of the best of both worlds?

Nazo, the stock D5000 is the one with the recessed mids. The bass overwhelms the midrange and muddies it up. By tightening the bass with the mods, the mids are allowed to bloom and come forward.

Mar 9, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #147 of 279
Hmm. The mids still seem a tad recessed I thought. But these are the most even headphones I've ever used, so maybe I'm just used to a bit more in that range. Anyway, I'm kind of planning on getting new wooden cups soon from Lawton Audio since I'll get my W2 in the not so far off future (or at least being added to the waiting list, lol,) but I'm trying to decide what would be best for me. Bearing in mind that I listen to a lot of music with female artists and the mids seem to be key more than anything else, would a medium density be best, should I go for something else, or does it even make any difference in this particular respect? Also, if any make any difference on the highs, I'm still finding them to be a just a little bit harsh (though recabling with a Mogami cable has helped me in this respect and later I can try to go to something better there as well) and if the cups can make any difference in this respect I'd like to know. I'm willing to wait longer for something better if need be since obviously you don't have many choices atm. (Also, I don't care what the wood looks like. If it looks like someone vomited on it even I'll take it if it sounds great, lol. It would be kind of neat to have a nice wood look to the headphones, but definitely low on the priority list.)

Mar 9, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #148 of 279
Nazo, bubinga might be a reasonable choice. When you are ready, I can ask you some more questions about your listening preferences and we can figure out what wood to use from there. Cheers.

Mar 9, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #149 of 279
Ok, thanks. I'll keep that in mind and contact you more directly when that W2 comes in. Just out of curiosity, how long do you think it might be before you get more of those other woods btw?

Mar 13, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #150 of 279
[size=medium]FS: African Sepele Mahogany V.3 Custom Cups [/size]

Details: Brand new, unused pair of previous generation V.3 custom cups. Still larger than the stock Denon cups, and creates an enhanced soundstage vs. stock, but not quite as big as our latest V.4 generation. Were $229.

Price: [size=small]$169[/size] (plus shipping).

dscn7555.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back