Intime SORA: Giant killer IEMs from Japan?
Jul 10, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #46 of 1,055
I am currently in the market for a new IEM. I am mainly looking at the Intime Kira or the Toneking NineTail based on reviews I've read here and abroad. Has anyone here heard the two? If so which would you say would have better mids and make female vocals magical sounding while still keeping cohesion across the rest of the spectrum. I am currently on a vocal future bass kick and the female vocals are sublime, I imagine that with a mid focused IEM they would only get better. Both are currently available at my price range.

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #48 of 1,055
Well I ordered the Intime Kira on eBay for 137USD+10USD from Osaka Japan on the 17th. It arrived in Western NY today. Boy am I glad I went for it, great iems and free spinfits (didn't know spinfits could come in black I always ordered the ones for the co donguri(white or grey)) The iem just puts a smile on my face no matter what genre I am listening to. Ayumi Hamasaki,YUI,Aimer,Earphones,EGOTIST all sound fantastic and powerful vocally. Kendrick Lamar, Joey BadA$$, Run The Jewels, Talib Kweli, Logic all come across as full bodied and commanding. These iems have plenty of bass for bands like System of a Down and Rammstein. And for the reason I bought them "Vocal Future Bass" they tick all the boxes.

I am using Mee Audio Dual flange wide bore tips (whole combo kit is 9 bucks on Amazon ATM.)

I will definitely buy another Intime product in the future.

And yes the original tips are a PITA to get off, made me afraid of separating the housing pulling them off.

I like that they do not need the catch all parametric eq profile I use to make them sound magical, tuning is basically very close to it.

I am not an audiophile I am a music lover, so my views are subjective and should be taken as such.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #49 of 1,055
Well I ordered the Intime Kira on eBay for 137USD+10USD from Osaka Japan on the 17th. It arrived in Western NY today. Boy am I glad I went for it, great iems and free spinfits (didn't know spinfits could come in black I always ordered the ones for the co donguri(white or grey)) The iem just puts a smile on my face no matter what genre I am listening to. Ayumi Hamasaki,YUI,Aimer,Earphones,EGOTIST all sound fantastic and powerful vocally. Kendrick Lamar, Joey BadA$$, Run The Jewels, Talib Kweli, Logic all come across as full bodied and commanding. These iems have plenty of bass for bands like System of a Down and Rammstein. And for the reason I bought them "Vocal Future Bass" they tick all the boxes.

I am using Mee Audio Dual flange wide bore tips (whole combo kit is 9 bucks on Amazon ATM.)

I will definitely buy another Intime product in the future.

And yes the original tips are a PITA to get off, made me afraid of separating the housing pulling them off.

I like that they do not need the catch all parametric eq profile I use to make them sound magical, tuning is basically very close to it.

I am not an audiophile I am a music lover, so my views are subjective and should be taken as such.

If you like the Kira I'm pretty confident you'll like the Go even more for hiphop and other music that you want more bass for.

Sep 7, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #50 of 1,055
Just got the new Sora Light. I was actually more going for the new Spinfit CP500 included with the release, but I find myself pleasantly surprised with the sound the IEM itself is producing. Imo they have superb tonal balance that's neither too warm nor too bright, with nice tizzy trebles that aren't offensive (this could be subjective, mind), and nice textured bass with satisfying impact that aren't too overt. Timbre is really good too, would probably perfect for me if vocals were a bit more integrated up top (is it the crossover point?)

They could use bigger soundstage and better separation sure, but seriously, they're bonkers for the price

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #53 of 1,055
Just got the new Sora Light. I was actually more going for the new Spinfit CP500 included with the release, but I find myself pleasantly surprised with the sound the IEM itself is producing. Imo they have superb tonal balance that's neither too warm nor too bright, with nice tizzy trebles that aren't offensive (this could be subjective, mind), and nice textured bass with satisfying impact that aren't too overt. Timbre is really good too, would probably perfect for me if vocals were a bit more integrated up top (is it the crossover point?)

They could use bigger soundstage and better separation sure, but seriously, they're bonkers for the price
can you please describe how it was compared to original sora?

Nov 4, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #54 of 1,055
can you please describe how it was compared to original sora?
Can't. I never got the original. Note that the cave-in in the vocal region (coherency issue?) ultimately made me fell out of love of these, but it should still be a very good value for those who don't care about it or don't listen to vocal heavy music.

Dec 17, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #55 of 1,055
Dec 18, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #56 of 1,055
Dec 25, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #57 of 1,055

Users who are viewing this thread

Back