Interesting question about Ety's
Jun 19, 2003 at 9:46 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Now, I probably sound like a sheer fanatic or Ety employee, but despite things like microphonic cords, their products never cease to give me joy. [/B]

I don't know what it is about the microphonic cord, I virtually got over it in one day. The annoying microphonic noise is there but it's barely audible to me.

Jun 19, 2003 at 10:49 PM Post #17 of 21
I read around here somewhere that if u wear the ety's like u would wear a shure earphone you'd get less microphonic. now I dont know if that's anyway possible or the practicalities of it are completely useless but you could give it a try cause apparently instrad opf the vibration going straight to the earphone in ur iear, it goes to the outside bit you've just wrapped around and gets absorbed(?)... I wouldn't really know but someone with the er4's give it a try and tell us how it is

Jun 20, 2003 at 4:50 AM Post #18 of 21
There's a bit of a snobbish appeal to owning a set of ER-4P/S/B's, being among the very best headphopnes ever invented. The steep price actually was a bargain for what you get, IMHO.

Jun 20, 2003 at 5:27 AM Post #19 of 21
I also agree that it was the best $270 I spent this year. The sound quality alone is worth it. But two things that really bother me is for the price you would think that they would include a respectable carrying case, I mean the little one that comes with them can barely hold just the ETY's. The other thing that comes to mind, and I think I've read similar thoughts on this is the cord itself is very thick, and prone to getting tangled espeacially when storing them in the small carrying case I've owned my pair for 2 1/2 months and wonder if down the road this will be a problem??

Jun 20, 2003 at 5:44 AM Post #20 of 21
I remember reading a comment by Mr. Don W one time in which he said that the Ety's are not made of a simple plastic material like everyone thinks they are. I can't find the post, nor can I remember what is used to make the Ety's? Can anyone elaborate on this? Also, like many MANY others have already said, the Ety's are by far the best 270.00 I've ever spent on cans and remain my favorite out of all my other cans!!! I do wish they were a little more affordable so that many others could finally see why we all go crazy over these little tiny canal phones!

Jun 20, 2003 at 5:51 AM Post #21 of 21
These are the perfect phones for night-time listening in bed, as my wife so kindly reminded me last night as I was trying my new Beyer DT880s
rolleyes.gif
Oh well, Beyers during the day, and the Etys at night
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back