Interesting Facts
Oct 4, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #32 of 49
Oct 4, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #34 of 49
I have some interesting facts to share;

1.Electric cars were invented before gasoline powered cars. Initially, gasoline powered cars were seen to be too crude for everyday use.

2.The B-2 Stealth bomber started life from a Nazi German prototype.

3.The reason why the F117 night hawk is so angular is because of the limitation of computing power of the 70s. Straightlines are easier to model than curves.

4.The net "manual" calculation power of the Apollo projects were less than that of a 400mhz pentium processor

5.The sport "Football" is registered by FIFA and IOC(International Olympic Committee) as the sport known in US as "soccer"

6.Besides many obviously cases, it can sometimes be difficult to tell if a certain man is gay. In this case, see if he gyrates his hips unnecessarily.

Oct 4, 2006 at 6:28 AM Post #35 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRSpeed85
5.The sport "Football" is registered by FIFA and IOC(International Olympic Committee) as the sport known in US as "soccer"

Seriously?

rs1smile.gif

Oct 10, 2006 at 2:21 PM Post #36 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueiz
Duggeh..... Never had a Tootsie Pop?... It's a hard candy (various flavors) with a chocolate chewy center.... I love them... have a drawer full of them at work and they miracuously disappear.... your avitars should definitely have you sucking on a Tootsie Pop.... I'll mail you some if you want.... they are indestructible!!! and should travel well....
biggrin.gif

tootsie-pops-1024.jpg

Blueiz makes yet another case for why this is the best forum ever. I no have enough american candy to give me kidney failure. On my second one now, orange, and its yummy. Thanks Blueiz!

In interesting facts, the tongue is the only muscle which is only attached at one end.

Oct 11, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #39 of 49
Quote:

In my language (other then English) its literally "ten five"

日本語? 日本語の15は「十五」ね? 中国語のも。 

English's number system is really pretty stupid if you think about it.

[size=x-small] And I think it would be 'than' rather than 'then' in this context.[/size]

Oct 11, 2006 at 2:51 AM Post #40 of 49
Quote:

my cat's breath smells like cat food

My cat's breath smells like fish even though he only eats dry chicken flavored food.
eek.gif
Strange but true!

Oct 11, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #42 of 49
Go to your local Home Depot. If you don't know where one is use the "store locator" on their website. I use it every time I need to go. It's works like a charm. Once there, buy a cheap box fan and a stool. The stool should be just below waist high. Next we'll go to the dollar store. You will have to find it yourself. It's the Dollar store; no website with the fancy store locator. Once there, buy as many flimsy metal spatulas as you have blades on your fan. Return home and find a comfortable place to work. Start by removing the housing from the fan. You will want to end up with nothing but motor and exposed blades. Screw the fan to the seat of the stool so the fan is parallel to the floor. You may exploit the same holes used to originally mount the fan to the housing. Next attach the spatulas to the fan blades with screws or rivets. The important part here is that you attach the spatulas in such a fashion that the working end is perpendicular to the floor. Plug her in and check for balance issues. Once you have verified stability remove your pants. Slowly shuffle forward placing your crotch in the path of the spinning spatulas. You should let the device violently whip you about the crotch for several minutes.

Interesting Fact: It hurts.

Oct 11, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #43 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarsVolta
my cat's breath smells like cat food.

The kid who sits in front of me in Global Studies breath smells like cat food.

True story.

Oct 11, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #44 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit
Go to your local Home Depot. If you don't know where one is use the "store locator" on their website. I use it every time I need to go. It's works like a charm. Once there, buy a cheap box fan and a stool. The stool should be just below waist high. Next we'll go to the dollar store. You will have to find it yourself. It's the Dollar store; no website with the fancy store locator. Once there, buy as many flimsy metal spatulas as you have blades on your fan. Return home and find a comfortable place to work. Start by removing the housing from the fan. You will want to end up with nothing but motor and exposed blades. Screw the fan to the seat of the stool so the fan is parallel to the floor. You may exploit the same holes used to originally mount the fan to the housing. Next attach the spatulas to the fan blades with screws or rivets. The important part here is that you attach the spatulas in such a fashion that the working end is perpendicular to the floor. Plug her in and check for balance issues. Once you have verified stability remove your pants. Slowly shuffle forward placing your crotch in the path of the spinning spatulas. You should let the device violently whip you about the crotch for several minutes.

Interesting Fact: It hurts.

That was a very elaborate fabrication, my friend! You really showed commitment there. I was rivetted by it all the way until the nut slapping bit!

Oct 11, 2006 at 5:36 AM Post #45 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad
日本語? 日本語の15は「十五」ね? 中国語のも。 

English's number system is really pretty stupid if you think about it.

[size=x-small] And I think it would be 'than' rather than 'then' in this context.[/size]

English may have a stupid numbering system...

しかし、それは学習する漢字より容易です。 (<- それは正確ですか?
confused.gif
)

Interesting fact: I truly suck at Japanese.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back