Interest check: Chi-Uni-Fi/ve (5) November 12th 2011
Aug 27, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #46 of 61

Quote:
Hi guys,

I might possibly be able to attend this event if anyone would be interested in hearing our gear. My brother has a condo in town and if we are not still recovering from CanJam we might be able to come out for the weekend.

All I can say is Wow to that Bottlehead listening station at the Seattle Head-Fi Meet last weekend.  Would you bring that to ChiUniFi 5 or maybe a smaller version?

http://www.bottlehead.com/

I vote yes for Bottlehead making it to ChiUniFi 5.  I would be interested in hearing your gear.  

Aug 28, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #47 of 61
Please be sure to reserve November 12th for this year's meet.  The friends of ChiUniFi are starting to make their commitments.  To date 10 friends have committed to support the raffle to help ensure there will be a ChiUniFi 6.

I have been doing some further research into locations and right now the Sheraton in Northbrook looks to be a great location.  I may have to take a road trip and meet with Billy to actually scope out the room.  They are offering roughly a 1300 square feet of space with tables and chairs in the Willow room (A and B).  It is a relative new hotel.  Anyone have any direct experience with this location?  The address is 1110 Willow Road, Northbrook 60062.  It looks to have easy access to both I294 and I94.

SI_3134_flr.gif

Sep 1, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #50 of 61
Room is Booked, i posted pictures on the ChiUniFi facebook page from my phone earlier. I am aiming to shoot for a Tuesday mourning time of posting the official thread! Steve picked a perfect place really! We have our own Entrance and patio with plently of parking close by. Free wifi and plently of space to set up gear. maybe even have a couch and lounge area if we want. Food has not been decided as of yet, more up to all of us to make that choice.

Sep 2, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #52 of 61
Received confirmation from Stereophile ChiUniFi 5 made the cutoff for the November Event calendar. Publication should hit the streets mid October based on when I normally receive my copy.

Sep 6, 2011 at 4:16 AM Post #53 of 61
I'm interested. Last years ChiUniFi was my first meet, so looking forward to this...

Sep 21, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #58 of 61
sorry if this has already been discussed, but how much are the raffle tickets going to be this year?

And is this the official thread for ChiUniFi '11?

Sep 21, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #59 of 61

Quote:
sorry if this has already been discussed, but how much are the raffle tickets going to be this year?

And is this the official thread for ChiUniFi '11?

We've not discussed the price for the tickets but I would think they would be same as last year.  This isn't the official announcement as Billy will post that as soon as we can get the contract signed with the hotel.  This has taken longer than anticipated.

Sep 28, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #60 of 61
Hmmm...  I might try to find a way to get up there and see how old everybody has gotten.  Too bad it wasn't in Lisle though (have relatives in Naperville), that would be a no brainer but being in Northbrook would be trouble for me since I'm without a car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back