Installing EMU
May 20, 2004 at 1:33 AM Post #31 of 49
When trying to watch DVDs the video and audio is pausing/breaking every 1 second or so.I dont have any issues with music or games.I already tryed reinstalling DirectX and changing hardware acceleration amount in sound properties.

May 21, 2004 at 6:26 AM Post #32 of 49
I dont seem to be able to find any solution.
mad.gif
I can't have the audigy,the EMU goes silent when I try to install them both.I'd like to have the best sound in DVDs as well.

May 21, 2004 at 7:39 AM Post #33 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by cadobhuk
I dont seem to be able to find any solution.
mad.gif
I can't have the audigy,the EMU goes silent when I try to install them both.I'd like to have the best sound in DVDs as well.

what configuration are you trying to use?

May 21, 2004 at 3:59 PM Post #35 of 49
Quote:

I'd like to have the best sound in DVDs as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Using the default set to 48khz with winDVD I'm having no issues at all. It sounds really good actually.

Well you'd need an RME soundcard to bypass kmixer in WAVout so what you're hearing with emu isn't really pure although it may sound good. That's why I still keep my RME card. There are those apps which only output via WAVout.

I tested this with DTS Wave file. RME -> digital out -> emu -> receiver = works using powerdvd or windvd. Just using the emu -> receiver = noise.

May 21, 2004 at 11:33 PM Post #36 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Well you'd need an RME soundcard to bypass kmixer in WAVout so what you're hearing with emu isn't really pure although it may sound good. That's why I still keep my RME card. There are those apps which only output via WAVout.

I tested this with DTS Wave file. RME -> digital out -> emu -> receiver = works using powerdvd or windvd. Just using the emu -> receiver = noise.

That should depend really, the E-MU should be able to pass the DTS signal if you have it set to spdif out and configure the software player to send a spdif signal. I'll have to give it a try tonight or tomorrow.

May 21, 2004 at 11:56 PM Post #37 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
That should depend really, the E-MU should be able to pass the DTS signal if you have it set to spdif out and configure the software player to send a spdif signal. I'll have to give it a try tonight or tomorrow.

Well we're talking about decoding on the PC and using WaveOut for playback. A way to test if it's untouched is with a DTSWave file.

May 22, 2004 at 2:06 AM Post #38 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Well we're talking about decoding on the PC and using WaveOut for playback. A way to test if it's untouched is with a DTSWave file.

You're talking about a DTS CD right? What's your testing process? In other words, can you describe it in detail for me? Thanks.

May 22, 2004 at 2:57 AM Post #39 of 49
A DTS CD is just a regular CD with audo files encoded in DTS. I'm using one of those DTS WAV files playing back in WaveOUT/directsound mode player such as PowerDVD, WinDVD, Windows Media Player. It is basically the same as playing any WAV file so nothing complicated. You'll find that kmixer gets in the way as it would normally do and you get a bunch of noise unless you use the RME whose drivers bypass kmixer in waveout.

May 24, 2004 at 12:30 AM Post #40 of 49
Well,I still cant get it to play DVDs.I've tryed different software players,like Media Player,PowerDVD,NVDVD and have stutters and heavily distorted sound in all of them.Using 48 instead of 44.1 lowers the effects a little.I've tryed using PowerStrip to ajust latency for EMU and different hardware components,but that had absolutly no effect.
confused.gif

May 24, 2004 at 7:00 PM Post #41 of 49
Thank god,the problem was fixed by connecting my DVD drive as a slave to my system harddrive(it was secondary master before).Everything is working fine,and I never heard such crystal-clear sound in DVD movies.The solution was suggested by Emu customer support,big thanks to them too.

May 24, 2004 at 7:23 PM Post #42 of 49
Quote:

Thank god,the problem was fixed by connecting my DVD drive as a slave to my system harddrive(it was secondary master before).Everything is working fine,and I never heard such crystal-clear sound in DVD movies.The solution was suggested by Emu customer support,big thanks to them too.

Hmm, I tried a DVD last night, only to have the same problem as you, even though the DVD would play fine if I routed the sound to the onboard audio. My DVD drive is a slave to my CDRW, perhaps I will change that, see if it works.

May 24, 2004 at 7:57 PM Post #43 of 49
I just installed an RME PAD in a Win2K computer as the sole soundcard, without any other drivers for other sound cards before it.

I can hear all the windows "bleeps" and "bloops" AND Foobar Wave out. I'll try ASIO next, but usually RME driver does not play any other sounds from Windows. Is this normal?

Not that I'm complaining, though. It's kind of nice to only have the RME PAD in this one computer.

I'm assuming that with the E-MU's it wants to be the sole sound card, and it plays all the sounds, "bleeps and bloops" and all? e.g. Windows Media Player, etc.

-Ed

May 26, 2004 at 12:15 AM Post #45 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Hmm, I tried a DVD last night, only to have the same problem as you, even though the DVD would play fine if I routed the sound to the onboard audio. My DVD drive is a slave to my CDRW, perhaps I will change that, see if it works.

So,did it help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back