Input Voltage question
Mar 29, 2010 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Lenni

Headphoneus Supremus
I've just received a CDP from the US. I'm not sure about the input voltage switch on the back. atm it reads/displays #115, but if I switch to the left it read #230. what's the correct setting for the UK? I don't want to fry it before I start using it.
if I'm not mistaken I read on their website that they'd set the proper voltage for international orders
confused.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've just received a CDP from the US. I'm not sure about the input voltage switch on the back. atm it reads/displays #115, but if I switch to the left it read #230. what's the correct setting for the UK? I don't want to fry it before I start using it.
if I'm not mistaken I read on their website that they'd set the proper voltage for international orders
confused.gif

Check this link out
smily_headphones1.gif
Mains power around the world - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The UK according to the chart/map in the link is supposed to be 240V at 50 hz. Don't worry about the rating or writing on your CDP being 10V under (230V), extra headroom is built into transformers to deal with small amount of over or under V mains level the unit may see from the wall plug. I do believe that safety margin is 10% (min) or so (plenty of wiggle room). Where I live (N America) the mains V is supposed to be 120V at 60hz (cycle rate) but my particular location it's always above 120 (most of the time it's at 128V with some dips to 124V). All of my gear runs fine at this mains V although some transformers (tube amps rated for 115V) will give off some mechanical noise from the power transformer(s). This is common to have a tiny bit of noise but it should not be loud by any means.

Peete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back