information about NuForce uDac?
Jul 12, 2010 at 10:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

JosephKim

1000+ Head-Fier
Im looking into buying my first portable amp and I have some questions. Ive seen generally good feedback on the uDac. Is this only a DAC or DAC/amp combo? Ive seen some setups where it goes computer > uDac > amp > headphones. Are people just adding another amp? Also, how is the uDac of a DAP like the clip? Are there any other alternatives I should be looking at around the price range of the uDac? Thank you.

Jul 12, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #2 of 9
It is a DAC with amp, but not really portable since there is no build in battery. Power comes directly from the USB port. It also outputs line-level signal (on max volume) so you can connect the RCA to an amp if you want to, but you can simply drive normal headphone via its 3.5mm jack.

Jul 12, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #4 of 9
It is better than the on-board sound card on my Toshiba notebook and Dell XPS 420 PC, as well as most of the sub$100 DAC I have, definitely worthwhile consider the price.

Jul 12, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #5 of 9
Its bang for the buck, considering its low price...and a good option if you are looking to improve the audio from your computer. 

Jul 12, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #8 of 9
The uDAC is definitely worth it - a very noticeable improvement from my MSI Wind headphone out. It has a fairly mid-forward aggressiveness to it, which makes it a nice match for my Alessandro MS1i and Beyer DT 150.

Jul 12, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #9 of 9
if you truly need only an amp without tethering it to a computer, then I would consider getting the Nuforce Icon Mobile instead.

It can be used as an amp/dac, preamp, and as a portable amp.

[size=medium]

Quote:
Thank you for that information. Has anyone used this with the Sansa Clip+?

[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back