Inexpensive IEMs and Jabra Clipper for rock-do I need an amp?
Nov 8, 2012 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ender323

500+ Head-Fier

I am tired of stock apple headphones, and I am looking for a serious upgrade. I would really like to have my iPhone in my bag, rather than my pocket. For this reason, I was planning on getting a Jabra Clipper-Bluetooth, plug headphones into it rather than phone. This seems like it would have a crappy output, so I was planning on a headphone amplifier. If I need one, I was thinking a FiiO E11, but I don't know much (anything) about headphone amps. Advice on this would be appreciated. Also, as far as headphones go, I need one pair of in-ear earbuds. I am on a tight budget here. Planning on a-JAYS Three. I would like to stick around $100 for an amp and earbuds. Could anyone recommend a better choice on the amp, a pair of budget in-ear buds, or just an opinion on whether this setup will work well?

Thanks in advance.

Nov 8, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #2 of 5
The budget is not confirmed and earbuds, IEMs are like Apple earpods, Sennheiser MX580 and Sony EX310, JVC FX3X, RE0 (highly recommended if need overall balance yet very detailed sound and improve with AMPs).

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
The budget is not confirmed and earbuds, IEMs are like Apple earpods, Sennheiser MX580 and Sony EX310, JVC FX3X, RE0 (highly recommended if need overall balance yet very detailed sound and improve with AMPs).

This statement needs some serious work.  I can barely make out what you are attempting to say.

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #4 of 5
ZARIM, I would like to stick to around $100 between the amp, and headphones.. My iPhone came with the older edition of the apple headphones-not the earpods. Will the E11 amp be much better than an E6? an E5? even an e3? They are much cheaper.

Nov 8, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #5 of 5
I'm thinking either JVC HAFX1X, possibly MeElectronics M6 for isolating earbuds...Will these be better than the a-JAYS Three? Any better options under around $50?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back