InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Aug 22, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #2,161 of 3,191
Should be ok, if you need to get ahold of them just call..its easier...

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #2,162 of 3,191
Quote:
Since customer support isn't responding I'll ask here...
I have a pair of westone 2's but one of the nozzles have half snapped off. The iem's still play music fine and all. It should still be ok for remolding right?

they would be a perfect candidate as long as they're working properly as you say. My reshelled tf10 were from a broken pair also.

Aug 23, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #2,163 of 3,191
How much are they to reshell TF10's?  Isn't something like $120

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #2,166 of 3,191
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask these questions and so if it is not, my apologies in advance.

I have a pair of Shure E5c's that have typical cable issues and that nasty green corrosion up around the ear bends....  I corresponded by email with Shure about cable replacement and no surprise.. We dont do that.. Send them in and $240 and you can have new SE535's.

From what I can tell a reshell at INEARZ / Fischer Hearing is $150 for the Shure E5C ?  Am I correct on that point ??

My baseline question is whether to pop $150 for a reshell ( I really like the sound of the E5) and get the benefit of a custom molded earpiece ? or bump for $240 to get factory new SE535s with removeable cables and a factory warranty (which I dont value much because in my view offering to sell me replacements for more than 1/2 street price isnt what I call customer service.. they should repair the damn things ! )

Next question may sound silly, but hey I dont know... IF I go for an inearz reshell does that price include their removeable cables ? and what happens to the crossover piece that on my set is where the junction of the left/right cables meets ??

Ive heard a few people who had E5's say they do not like the SE535 sound and so my instinct at the moment (knowing I really like the sound of my E5s ) is to have them reshelled... but only if that includes removeable cables.....

Thoughts from you guys who have already done this (or who have experience bullying Shure into doing a straight replacement at no cost) will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #2,167 of 3,191
You should call Inearz, they're very friendly and helpful.

I ended up having mine recabled by BTG and am picking them up today. From what I can tell Brian is a class act and great to deal with, and he got the job done much faster than I expected.

I'm very tempted to have them remolded by Inearz though, but BTG is super fast and I needed a quick fix. I thought the reshell is $90 but doesn't include the cable, they have one for $30, which seems extremely reasonable.

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #2,168 of 3,191
I called & talked to Kaysen I think ?  Anyway all was well until I asked about what happens with the crossover at the junction of left and right cables from earpieces... its about the size of a dime.... She indicates you have to use your existing cables to keep that crossover... which of course is most of the point of reshelling.. to get removeable cables..... OR to just eliminate that crossover but she indicated she has no idea of how that will work as to sound quality etc.. or how other folks have dealt with that...  

Does anyone here have experience specifically with re-shelling at INEARZ/Fisher.. the Shure E5s that have the crossover I am talking about ??

Shurely someone must have ! ?  :O

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #2,169 of 3,191
Fwiw I had a klipsch x10i reshelled.  They left the original cables on as the crossover was in the remote.

Don't know if that's any help.

Aug 28, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #2,170 of 3,191
As I said... my cables are shot and are a known weakness on most of these IEMs (thus the trend towards removeable cables of late)  and a large part of why I wanted to reshell (to get new cables).....So using my existing cables is really not an option worth considering...  I suppose there must not be anyway to work around this with the crossover on the cables.... I tell you, I Shure do have a bad taste in my mouth for Shure about now !

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #2,171 of 3,191
Just wondering, does anyone know approximately how long it takes altogether for shipping from Australia to inearz and to get the customs back?

Aug 29, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #2,172 of 3,191
Quote:
Just wondering, does anyone know approximately how long it takes altogether for shipping from Australia to inearz and to get the customs back?

I cant say how long it would take for you, but for me here in the states it took 5 weeks. Of course times can very depending on how busy they are, they also have a rush order available, when they are not really busy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back