InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
May 4, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #1,771 of 3,191
Getting a little antsy right now.  Sent in my iems to be re re re re done last friday.  Got to america in relatively quickly, but since then the track and trace site just says "your item, posted on 27/04/12 with reference XXXXXXXXXXXXX has arrived in KENNEDY NEW YORK and is being processed for delivery" without any further updates.  Sure everythings fine just wish things would get moving a bit quicker, or an update or anything!

Cheers

May 4, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #1,772 of 3,191
So I got my JH-16s back today, this is the second time I've sent an IEM to Fisher.  I am thrilled with the way everything turned out.  They are triple bore, the shells turned out great, and the sound-these are definately my dream CIEMS.  One thing I noticed is that the little black connectors are now inside the shell itself, and only the holes where the cable goes are sticking out. This makes it more attractive from a looks pov. These are pics from my iphone..too lazy to get the camera out.  The zip up case is really nice, it looks like a true monitor case.  I will definately be sending more stuff in to Fisher/Inearz in the future.

May 4, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #1,773 of 3,191
Quote:
Well, you guys convinced me to pull the plug....  I sent my TF10's in, they arrived last Fri, so going on 1 week.   No word yet...

I think the turnaround time was around 10 days to 2 weeks when I sent them in.

Randy

Probably have to expect longer than that. I think the Reshell is ~ 2.5 Weeks. Refit (minor adjustments) ~ 1.5 weeks

May 4, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #1,774 of 3,191
2.5 weeks much faster than other services

May 4, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #1,776 of 3,191
Hopefully that means that they're working on mine and not yours >:D

May 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #1,777 of 3,191
Quote:
Hopefully that means that they're working on mine and not yours >
biggrin.gif

Ahahaha. She did say mine were "in the process" lol. So at least it's not in the queue. But you need yours by Wednesday, so I hope you get them on time. I can wait a few extra days if need be. Just would like to have them before next weekend ideally =/

And Kimchee, dang those look nice. is that red faceplate on a translucent red body? I kind of want to tell them to send me a case now... I like the compartments. I didn't get one with my original ES5 reshell.

May 4, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #1,778 of 3,191
Solid black faceplate, dark red transparent shell..

Ahahaha. She did say mine were "in the process" lol. So at least it's not in the queue. But you need yours by Wednesday, so I hope you get them on time. I can wait a few extra days if need be. Just would like to have them before next weekend ideally =/

And Kimchee, dang those look nice. is that red faceplate on a translucent red body? I kind of want to tell them to send me a case now... I like the compartments. I didn't get one with my original ES5 reshell.

May 4, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #1,779 of 3,191
Also want to say that Kaysen was very nice and accomodating. I think I called about my monitors 2-3x just to check on them.

May 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #1,780 of 3,191
I have a question, when you put the monitors in, is it supposed to feel like it's vaccum sealed? I figured out now that I probably don't have an imbalanced issue, it's just the fact that I get two different seals on each side of the ears so it just feels weird. One side is vaccum sealed (I assume it is sealed properly?) and the other side that I thought sounded lower is the side that doesn't quite seal well, honestly I'm not too sure what my problem is so I'm guessing I should try to find an audiologist that would help me on the spot rather than blindly sending it back for a refit to get back something that won't fit at all. Oh, and Kimchee since you got a case, I'm assuming I should have gotten one too since mine was a new order from around April 14th but I never got one with my order, oh well I guess.

May 4, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #1,781 of 3,191
yeah vacuum seal.  If you push in on the bad ear and the sound gets better, you are not getting a good sesl 
Quote:
I have a question, when you put the monitors in, is it supposed to feel like it's vaccum sealed? I figured out now that I probably don't have an imbalanced issue, it's just the fact that I get two different seals on each side of the ears so it just feels weird. One side is vaccum sealed (I assume it is sealed properly?) and the other side that I thought sounded lower is the side that doesn't quite seal well, honestly I'm not too sure what my problem is so I'm guessing I should try to find an audiologist that would help me on the spot rather than blindly sending it back for a refit to get back something that won't fit at all. Oh, and Kimchee since you got a case, I'm assuming I should have gotten one too since mine was a new order from around April 14th but I never got one with my order, oh well I guess.

May 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #1,782 of 3,191
Interesting, you and I have the same color request Kimchi! Nice to see how mine might turn out before they arrive :D 
@Option - I know, I hope so too, it would certainly make the flight and downtime in the terminal THAT MUCH nicer 

May 4, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #1,783 of 3,191
You know I never really understood what a vacuum seal was like. Basically, I figured if I pushed in and it didn't get louder + it blocked noise evenly then I have a good seal. They don't really isolate amazingly well (I think on par with my Comply foamies). I would check sound leak as the biggest issue. Well, that and comfort. My $0.02

Users who are viewing this thread

Back