InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Apr 6, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #1,441 of 3,191

Klipsch x10i above in red (the most successful of the three I had done, but still not quite right)

and 

Westone 2 in Solid Black below

Cheers

Apr 6, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #1,442 of 3,191
Hi guys, How much does it cost to have an audiologist take a mould of the ears ? My silver wires' connector broke when in my Ultimate Ears TF10. I am unable to use it and was suggested remold might be a good idea. So I am thinking of getting this done. Any other suggestions ?

Apr 6, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #1,443 of 3,191

It depends, all audiologists charge a different rate. So you should call around and see how much they charge, here in NYC some charge $75 a ear but I got my impressions for $50 both ears so that's pretty fair.
Quote:
Hi guys, How much does it cost to have an audiologist take a mould of the ears ? My silver wires' connector broke when in my Ultimate Ears TF10. I am unable to use it and was suggested remold might be a good idea. So I am thinking of getting this done. Any other suggestions ?

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #1,446 of 3,191

Wow, that is a good deal! Unfortunately $50 was the cheapest I found it for where I am.
Quote:
I paid $20 both times I got mine done.

Apr 6, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #1,448 of 3,191
I got both of mine for $40, at a hearing aid place

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #1,449 of 3,191
Ok this is going to be a long post, but there was a call for pics so I'll oblige with several.  It also reflects a long journey which started in Nov.  I'm not going to get into the exact dates, but each time has taken 3-4 weeks and it took 3 times to get it right...well sorta.

Here are the original reshells I received.  The blue was supposed to be a bit lighter but I could live with it.  However, the red came out much darker and closer to magenta.  Though I didn't realize it initially, the fit wasn't great either.  I'd lose seal pretty easily causing the bass to disappear.  For the fit, I tried to use nail polish to thicken areas. 

So fast forward 1 month later I get the replacements.  To my surprise (and not in a good way)... I get these.  First, the fit was still off.  I can't blame them as I told them where to thicken.  But for some reason on these, the wire connector would rub against my ear.  Very bad.  As for the color, granted the lighting on this pic is bad, the red was a bit better but still not what I had sent them in both a .jpg as well as printed. The blue was still too dark, just as dark as the first reshell. The carbon fiber plate was also coming apart from the rest of the IEM. And the worse part...  I DIDN'T ASK FOR THOSE SPADES!  Maybe this was where lil'fish said they had some sabotagers working for them as this was clearly the worst set.

Ok, so this time before sending them back, I went to a hearing aide place recommended by InEarz.  The guy quickly told me what needed to be thickened and how they need to fix the rubbing issue.  I also sent them a different set of colors.  Here's what I got back after another 3+ weeks.

Color - almost..but still not perfect.   This time I asked for translucent purple and translucent blue (not dark blue).  The reshells look like magenta and dark blue.  But I'll live with them. However, the color was supposed to be on top of the carbon fiber, but as you can see the CF is just black.  While the color scheme isn't what I wanted, I'm happy with them and there isn't a stupid spade engraved on them :)   Also, the fit this time is perfect (so far).  It took me 5 months and 3 sets of reshells to get to this point.

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #1,450 of 3,191
That's quite a journey! I had to send in in my first rehells a month ago due to a face plate and coloring error (sabotage?) just like yours. I only just got a tracking number from Fisher today, hope I wouldn't have to go through as many reshells as you did before being satisfied with them.
biggrin.gif

Were you charged at all for all the non-fit changes that were done? Or did you just decide to change the coloring while they needed a refit anyways?

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #1,452 of 3,191

I found it hilarious that they randomly gave you a spade artwork.
Quote:
Ok this is going to be a long post, but there was a call for pics so I'll oblige with several.  It also reflects a long journey which started in Nov.  I'm not going to get into the exact dates, but each time has taken 3-4 weeks and it took 3 times to get it right...well sorta.

Here are the original reshells I received.  The blue was supposed to be a bit lighter but I could live with it.  However, the red came out much darker and closer to magenta.  Though I didn't realize it initially, the fit wasn't great either.  I'd lose seal pretty easily causing the bass to disappear.  For the fit, I tried to use nail polish to thicken areas. 

So fast forward 1 month later I get the replacements.  To my surprise (and not in a good way)... I get these.  First, the fit was still off.  I can't blame them as I told them where to thicken.  But for some reason on these, the wire connector would rub against my ear.  Very bad.  As for the color, granted the lighting on this pic is bad, the red was a bit better but still not what I had sent them in both a .jpg as well as printed. The blue was still too dark, just as dark as the first reshell. The carbon fiber plate was also coming apart from the rest of the IEM. And the worse part...  I DIDN'T ASK FOR THOSE SPADES!  Maybe this was where lil'fish said they had some sabotagers working for them as this was clearly the worst set.

Ok, so this time before sending them back, I went to a hearing aide place recommended by InEarz.  The guy quickly told me what needed to be thickened and how they need to fix the rubbing issue.  I also sent them a different set of colors.  Here's what I got back after another 3+ weeks.

Color - almost..but still not perfect.   This time I asked for translucent purple and translucent blue (not dark blue).  The reshells look like magenta and dark blue.  But I'll live with them. However, the color was supposed to be on top of the carbon fiber, but as you can see the CF is just black.  While the color scheme isn't what I wanted, I'm happy with them and there isn't a stupid spade engraved on them :)   Also, the fit this time is perfect (so far).  It took me 5 months and 3 sets of reshells to get to this point.

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #1,453 of 3,191

Quote:
Well they agreed that the color and finish weren't what I asked for the first two times, so I didn't have to pay for anything.

I almost sent you a text to see if you ever got your refit taken care of. I completely forgot till now about you getting them back and having the spades on them. None of you know this, but ori88 is the guy I bought my TF10's from. He also is the one who swapped my pair that had the socket rip out. At the time I bought mine from him he was going to be sending his in for a refit. I bought mine in December, decided on customs in Feb, ended up getting mine finished and refit possibly before you got yours fixed. I am VERY lucky I got someone who wasnt one of the people messing up work on purpose.

Apr 7, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #1,454 of 3,191
Looking good, though the spades is kind of funny, not really but wow lol.

Apr 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #1,455 of 3,191
I honestly have no idea where my package is now, tracking online still says processed through Orlando for the third day and when I called USPS to track my package it said out for delivery yesterday and said out for delivery again today. Do you guys know the business hours for inearz and if they are opened today (I doubt they are opened today but I couldn't find business hours on their site)? I think now the best way to find out is to call inearz and see if they have it because evidently USPS tracking is once again proving to be unreliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back