InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Mar 7, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #1,021 of 3,191
Looks like all the other remolding services are backed up too (ie UM, Heir, DreamEarz,etc), this can only bring good things for people looking for remolds and true customs..

Quote:

Just called them today and they said it was going out tomorrow. so  for those that sent them in in Late January. 

(The total time looks like ~6 weeks) Massive increase from the quote but that is most likely caused by the huge backlog created by the shear number of orders

Mar 7, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #1,022 of 3,191
Post pics!  I think a Westone 3, or Ety ER4S would make great IEMs to remold.

Quote:
Well, I received my custom Triplefi's yesterday from In-Ears.  As a whole, I am very pleased with my puchase and the quality of the remolds.  Here is a quick summary.

The total time it took was approximately 4 weeks. 

Ear molds were done for $20 dollars and immediatly sent with the Triplefi's to Kaysen.

I ordered clear with a translucent black faceplate.  The clear portion was done very well with no visible bubbles or imperfections.  The black translucent face plate does not have the color contrast that I has hoping for.  If I was to do it again, I would just go clear.

I ordered the black fisher cable which is very nice.  I also ordered the UE Custom pre-Sept 1, 2010 clear cables from ultimate ears.  I can verify that these cables can be interchanged with eachother!  It took UE two weeks to send me the cables so I am glad that I did not wait for them to arrive before I sent in my Triplefi's.  I like the fisher cable, but I love the UE custom cable.  Well worth the purchase.  On another note, I ordered the UE custom case for $20 which is really nice and the remolds fit perfectly in this new case with my name engraved on it.

The fit is perfect.  When I had the impressions done, I did it open mouth and it worked perfectly.  I love the fit and am considering getting more of my IEM's remolded because the fit and isolation is that good.

My only critic would be that In-earz should keep communicate with their clients better.  For instance, I would have loved to receive an email stating that they received my order.  Instead, I had to call them to make sure they received the order and to see if there was any questions.  Kaysen was great on the phone and very informative.  So if you have questions, just call her.

Well, time to go and enjoy my new customs!  Now I need to figure out which other iem's I am going to get remolded.

Mar 7, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #1,023 of 3,191
My 4 week time frame was today, since they received them, no phone call.
frown.gif

Mar 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #1,024 of 3,191

Quote:
My 4 week time frame was today, since they received them, no phone call.
frown.gif

It's okay, me either. At this point, I'm hoping they will be ready sometime this week :frowning2:. On the bright side, if they have a faster turn around time now (2-3 weeks?), and you need a refit, then those should be quicker!

Mar 7, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #1,025 of 3,191

Quote:
It's okay, me either. At this point, I'm hoping they will be ready sometime this week :frowning2:. On the bright side, if they have a faster turn around time now (2-3 weeks?), and you need a refit, then those should be quicker!

I dont even wanna hear about having to get a re-fit, lol.

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #1,026 of 3,191

Quote:
I dont even wanna hear about having to get a re-fit, lol.

Well you're gonna hear it lol because mine have to go back for a refit. The bottom part of the IEM which sits in the lower part of my ear canal causes pain with long usage. Also the top of the IEM irritates the upper area of my ear. Other than that I do like the fit and the sound is good. Just some minor tweaks and I think I'm set.

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #1,027 of 3,191

Quote:
Well you're gonna hear it lol because mine have to go back for a refit. The bottom part of the IEM which sits in the lower part of my ear canal causes pain with long usage. Also the top of the IEM irritates the upper area of my ear. Other than that I do like the fit and the sound is good. Just some minor tweaks and I think I'm set.

Oh you poor baby with such a rough life living in Hawaii. Let me guess the sound of Dolphins woke you up from a deep sleep?
beerchug.gif

Mar 8, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #1,028 of 3,191
If this is your first time with reshells/CIEMs', it may take a week or two for your ears to fully adjust to the fit. If you're experiencing discomfort and/or having seal issues, then by all means go with the refit after that initial ear accustom period.  In my experience with refits, it will take a lot longer to get them back as it was with me.  It appears that a refit request has lower priority over the new orders, and is handled as such.  Of course YMMV.

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #1,029 of 3,191
The seal is definitely not lacking. In actuality it may be causing too much pressure build up thus giving me a headache and narrowing my ear canal so the sound is muffled.

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #1,030 of 3,191
My reshelled TF10s are shipping today
biggrin.gif
!! Bummer though, I won't get them until after the weekend. Oh well, at least they are coming! 

For anyone who is still waiting, mine were received 1/30, so it's been 5 and a half weeks.

Mar 8, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #1,031 of 3,191

Mine shipped yesterday! They had recieved it on 1/30 as well. I should have them back by tomorrow! :)

Quote:
My reshelled TF10s are shipping today
biggrin.gif
!! Bummer though, I won't get them until after the weekend. Oh well, at least they are coming! 

For anyone who is still waiting, mine were received 1/30, so it's been 5 and a half weeks.

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #1,035 of 3,191
Superglue them in your ears, then you'll only hear great sounding music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back