Indoor shooting range, NYC
Mar 29, 2003 at 11:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

aeberbach

Headphoneus Supremus
Kind of a weird request I know, but I'm running out of time and I don't know any other place with such a concentration of knowledgable gun enthusiasts.

As I said in another thread Australia has some seriously strict gun laws especially regarding handguns. I like to think I could be a fair shot but arcade games are probably not a good indication and I've never fired a real one. If I go home without doing it I might never know because I'm just not interested enough to go join a club at home, it's an idle but nagging curiosity of mine.

So is there a range I could get to easily (in New York) that would let a beginner come in, pay some money and shoot at targets?

Mar 30, 2003 at 12:21 AM Post #2 of 7
My understanding is that private ranges in NY are in low demand as it is virtually impossible to obtain the state pistol permit which is required to buy a handgun. All of the fundimentals (save rapid fire) can be practiced, however, with one of the adult air pistols that are on the market if you have 10 meters available for a range and a trap to stop the pellets.

Mar 30, 2003 at 3:19 AM Post #3 of 7
I almost bought an air pistol to play with in the apartment but by the time I thought of it I realized it was only three months to go and I couldn't take it home
frown.gif

Mar 31, 2003 at 12:29 AM Post #7 of 7
Couldn't you just get out the city for a day with a friend that has a pistol?
Just find some woods and fire away.

I don't know about New York, but here we just have to get 1/2 mile away from houses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back