Indeed Hi Fi Lab - 6N11 Tube Class A Headphone Amplifier.
Mar 12, 2009 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Stevesebastianb

500+ Head-Fier
Deleted, there will be no review to follow and you know who to thank!

VVVVVVV
vvvvvv
vvv
vv
v

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #2 of 30
What is the purpose of this post other than to shill? This post is clearly nothing more than a glorified advertisement. There is nothing of substance here other than the manufacturers own product information. IMO, Indeed Hi-Fi should pay for an ad and conduct their own product introduction.

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #3 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the purpose of this post other than to shill? This post is clearly nothing more than a glorified advertisement. There is nothing of substance here other than the manufacturers own product information. IMO, Indeed Hi-Fi should pay for an ad and conduct their own product introduction.

^^^ I have already mentioned that I will be reviewing the amplifier as a review and the information is merely to let people know first of the details. As for advertising, simply I have no connection to Indeed and I have bought and purchased the products myself. The purpose of listing out the details is that people have quick reference and just may be interested in new products. IMHO some people would do better to contribute to forums with more introductions and review on products instead of negative and pointless posts.

Bring something to the table!

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #4 of 30
Looking forward to hearing about your impressions, and since this is a hybrid amp; do you have any low-cost Qinpu or Little Dot amps for comparison?

ps. the homepage is golden..
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #5 of 30
I saw this amp on e-bay this morning and read the above info.

Personally I think as long as we get a review (Which I'm really looking forward to..) It's not a bad idea to post the product info to start with, in fact the more I think about it the more I think it's the way to go. A lot of people just write reviews about stuff they own or loan and some of us guys might not actually know anything about that product. At least this way we have a nice insight with specs etc to be followed up by a quality review (I hope).

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevesebastianb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^^ I have already mentioned that I will be reviewing the amplifier as a review and the information is merely to let people know first of the details. As for advertising, simply I have no connection to Indeed and I have bought and purchased the products myself. The purpose of listing out the details is that people have quick reference and just may be interested in new products. IMHO some people would do better to contribute to forums with more introductions and review on products instead of negative and pointless posts.

Bring something to the table!

I have contributed many times once I have had the product in question and actually did some extensive listening. Dont you think the details should be with the review? I do. Again, your post reads like an advertisement.

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

I have contributed many times once I have had the product in question and actually did some extensive listening. Dont you think the details should be with the review? I do. Again, your post reads like an advertisement.

^^^ Suggest you also read some comments by others above who agree that details on a product should also be given, details could be given with the review proper but it may be easier to split it into several parts which would make easier reading for all.

Again, I state that I am not advertising for Indeed or any other manufacturers that I written reviews for in the past or present. All equipment is paid for out of my own pocket and therefore such reviews are completely independant. Again there are ways to communicate with others without becoming negative. The reason I have not posted any impressions yet is because the amplifier is hooked up and being burned in for a few more days before I make any comments. I have so very often read reviews with no product information or information on where I can get hold of the product that it just makes life frustrating as allot of extra time is wasted to do searching of the webs and I have often wished that the reviewer would include more links, product info etc. to make my life easier.

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

^^^ Suggest you also read some comments by others above who agree that details on a product should also be given, details could be given with the review proper but it may be easier to split it into several parts which would make easier reading for all.

Again, I state that I am not advertising for Indeed or any other manufacturers that I written reviews for in the past or present. All equipment is paid for out of my own pocket and therefore such reviews are completely independant. Again there are ways to communicate with others without becoming negative. The reason I have not posted any impressions yet is because the amplifier is hooked up and being burned in for a few more days before I make any comments. I have so very often read reviews with no product information or information on where I can get hold of the product that it just makes life frustrating as allot of extra time is wasted to do searching of the webs and I have often wished that the reviewer would include more links, product info etc. to make my life easier.

Gee two posts from two members out of the approximately 92,000 members at Head-Fi .... in a thread that has run for two hours. What overwhelming evidence for your position.
biggrin.gif

So why didnt you simply wait a few days and then post some intial listening impressions with some basic info. Then follow up when you do the actual review with all the links and pictures in one place. How does posting what amounts to an advertisement that is seperate thread from the actual review the most efficient way of making all the information available?

Sorry I think we are going to have to disagree. I see this post as an advertisement. The pics are not yours and all the information is nothing more than the ad copy from the manufacturer.

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #9 of 30
Quote:

So why didnt you simply wait a few days and then post some intial listening impressions with some basic info. Then follow up when you do the actual review with all the links and pictures in one place. How does posting what amounts to an advertisement that is seperate from the actual review the most efficient way of making all the information available?

Sorry I think we are going to have to disagree. I see this post as an advertisement. The pics are not yours and all the information is nothing more than the ad copy from the manufacturer.

^^^ "WE" , you are speaking for the rest of the world? I doubt it - your own opinion please. you certainly do not represent me and I am part of the "We" community. Negative and condescending, great example!

It is a bit pointless to get into a pissing match with you, maybe I should just dump the whole thing?

A big round of appaulse for him if you will!

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #10 of 30
Oh well!
Guess someone else write a review some day...

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

^^^ "WE" , you are speaking for the rest of the world? I doubt it - your own opinion please. you certainly do not represent me and I am part of the "We" community. Negative and condescending, great example!

It is a bit pointless to get into a pissing match with you, maybe I should just dump the whole thing?

A big round of appaulse for him if you will!

We? I only see I in the post of mine you quoted. But, I dont doubt I am speaking for a good portion of head-fi that gets sick of advertisements disguised as reviews.

Condscending .... do you know the meaning of the word? Now that was condscending.

Again, why go through all the trouble of posting all the ad copy when you are burning in the amp and you apparently havent even determined if the sound is good. Because, the amp is being shilled and will be given a rave review regardless? The more you post lame excuses for your position the more suspicious I become.

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Gee two posts from two members out of the approximately 92,000 memebers at Head-Fi .... in a thread that has run for two hours. What overwhelming evidence for your position.
biggrin.gif

So why didnt you simply wait a few days and then post some intial listening impressions with some basic info. Then follow up when you do the actual review with all the links and pictures in one place. How does posting what amounts to an advertisement that is seperate thread from the actual review the most efficient way of making all the information available?

Did it really matter how he went about getting to his review??

Good god, why the negativity anyway? if you were not interested in this product or the way he was trying to get around to the review you should have just unsubscribed.....

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did it really matter how he went about getting to his review??

Good god, why the negativity anyway? if you were not interested in this product or the way he was trying to get around to the review you should have just unsubscribed.....

I stated why .... advertisement disguised as a forcoming review.

I reported the post so let the mods decide.

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #14 of 30
good stuff sacd. I've already been suckered by one or two of these review posts that really are ads.

Mar 13, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #15 of 30
i have bought the indeed tube buffer recently, i use it in between my ipod dock and audioengine a2 speakers. and i want to see if anyone is familiar with 6n11 tube and its family

Users who are viewing this thread

Back