Increasing bass for W4R
Oct 17, 2013 at 6:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

adammax

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Just got a pair of W4R. However, coming from ATH M50, I find the bass lacking in W4R. Is there any ways I can increase the bass? I'm using star tip. The foam tip seems to increase the bass, but for comfort, I'll prefer the star tip, Any advice?

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #6 of 9
Thanks guys for the suggestion. If I were to get a DAP instead of amp, what will be the suggestion? I read quite abit on the Fiio X3 and Ibasso DX50, but am not sure if it will pair well with W4R. After researching C5, it seems like bass boost is the only solution?

Oct 18, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #9 of 9
im not sure if dx50 will have similar effect as c5 bass boost. just wish to add more bass to w4r to add more excitment.

well a dedicated amp with bass boost circuitry IMO would be better than just a dap. 

i personally never found any dap to add the ''excitment'' you are talking about. IMO it takes cables and interconnects and amps and dacs and then the w4r REALLY comes alive. and while i know thats not realistic for most people to spend 2500+ on equipment plus iem.....the w4r are completely capable 

the w4r is more of a reference in ear monitor. it doesnt do anything wrong, yet doesnt emphasize on any one particular frequency spectrum.

you have to also understand it will never be a basshead headphone, not even with a bass boost. i would learn the difference between quality bass and quantity bass....imo the w4r is in the lower side of middle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back