Included earphones
Aug 26, 2015 at 9:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

JK1

Headphoneus Supremus
Why do most music players come with low quality included earphones? Why do they come with any earphones included? Many of these go directly into the trash. When you buy a pair of shoes, does it come with low quality sox included????? When you buy some writing paper, does it come with a low quality pen included? When you buy food in a can, does it come with a basic can opener included?

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #2 of 9
I think DAP makers do not frequent Head-Fi?

But, FiiO does...
tongue.gif

Aug 28, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #4 of 9
  It makes people feel like they're getting more for their money - value added. Can be big when it comes to uninformed consumers.

It makes me feel like money is wasted.Like throwing out excessive packaging of a product.

Sep 3, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #5 of 9
  Why do most music players come with low quality included earphones? Why do they come with any earphones included? Many of these go directly into the trash. When you buy a pair of shoes, does it come with low quality sox included????? When you buy some writing paper, does it come with a low quality pen included? When you buy food in a can, does it come with a basic can opener included?

Except for the shoes, yes to the rest. While it may be useless for us audiophiles, it's handy for other people. Most people I know use the headsets included in their phone. I know, it's hard looking down from that mighty horse we all ride :wink:

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #6 of 9
I think it's also so the buyer can try out what they bought right away while they are still travelling home from the shop, unless they bought it online. And even then, I think it still is a valid argument, because for everyone there is a first time they bought a player.

Oct 19, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #8 of 9
What is even worse is that many reviewers will review the sound quality of an audio player using only the included earphones. So a great sounding player with $2 included earphones will be judged to have worse sound quality than a mediocre sounding player with $5 included earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back