Inception Soundtrack: 12 Time
Sep 6, 2010 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 79

Young Spade

Headphoneus Supremus
The most powerful song I have ever heard. That song just brought me _ close to an emotional breakdown. The sadness.... the complete cohesion of the orchestra on that single piece.....

If you have seen the movie it's the same song that plays at the very end.... the last scene with him and (well you get it) at the end of the movie before the credits.

It just... moments like that make you appreciate every dollar you spent on your equipment, every word you read on this, or any other, site.... countless hours and days that went into researching your equipment and why you should get it. The late nights working out the budget, the late nights listening to your music.

This is what it's all about people. Not whether cables change sound, not whether the music is encoded in 320 or 1141, 16 or 24 bit, not copper, silver, or gold.

But the emotion... the sheer emotion that can be triggered by that one piece of music.

Remember why you're here, remember why you're in this hobby.

Sep 6, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #2 of 79

Quote:

You're right, sometimes when i get severe upgraditis i forget it myself...but i think i've found a cure; 
When i  start finding the lower price for some piece of equipment i don't really need, i just  search for some LPs on ebay, start browsing shops,  and eventually realise my gear is decent and i've better invest in expanding my music collection rather than buying a new amp when i already have two...
ou

Sep 8, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #3 of 79

I agree, some very powerful songs come from cinema.  The entire Inception soundtrack is quite a piece if you haven't heard it already. 

If you haven't seen Gattaca I would strongly recommend it 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26-migpeVJM

Sep 13, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #6 of 79
Quote:
Young Spade said:

The most powerful song I have ever heard. That song just brought me _ close to an emotional breakdown. The sadness.... the complete cohesion of the orchestra on that single piece.....

If you have seen the movie it's the same song that plays at the very end.... the last scene with him and (well you get it) at the end of the movie before the credits.

It just... moments like that make you appreciate every dollar you spent on your equipment, every word you read on this, or any other, site.... countless hours and days that went into researching your equipment and why you should get it. The late nights working out the budget, the late nights listening to your music.

This is what it's all about people. Not whether cables change sound, not whether the music is encoded in 320 or 1141, 16 or 24 bit, not copper, silver, or gold.

But the emotion... the sheer emotion that can be triggered by that one piece of music.

You pretty much just quoted me verbatim on exactly how I feel about that song as well.

That was so accurate to exactly how I feel, I'm going to split it all up and elaborate!

Quote:

100% agreed. As some may know, I'm more of a soundtracks person. 90% of my entire music collection is from soundtracks. As always, I am always on the lookout for more songs that make me feel like you have described above. In my journey, I found the Inception soundtrack before I even saw the movie, and I just so happened to like it so much, I bought the soundtrack just for that song alone. Yes, it's that good.

Quote:
Young Spade said:

Ever single time I have worries of, "If I spent too much" or "Why do I spend so much", I always try and convince myself that it all has been worth it. Sometimes, I get so caught up in buying new headphones, and trying to improve in SQ, that I lose sight of my main purpose of buying all this equipment. I forget I'm buying it to enjoy the music. But, with this song, I can listen to it and all my stresses just vanish. I forget about all that I've spent, all the time I've spent reading about headphones, and everything else. I remember why I love this hobby, and realize it's all about the music. Perfectly put Young Spade!

Quote:
Young Spade said:

Exactly. That is what it is all about. The music, and the music only.

When you are that deeply involved in music, you honestly don't care how good the stuff you have is. Because it's not about the stuff.

Quote:
Young Spade said:

And you know what? This song is just that. Sheer emotion.

As of right now, this song is my #1 personal favorite. And I will ONLY listen to it when it's just me, and nobody else.

(You should also check out "Chevaliers De Sangreal" from "Da Vinci Code" soundtrack. Another excellent piece of music I thoroughly enjoy.)

Sep 16, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #7 of 79
^ Very nice write up; oh and about that track from the Da Vinci OST, I have it and love it; that's another great soundtrack
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #8 of 79
The best track in another stellar effort from Hans Zimmer. Can this guy do anything wrong? Easily one of the most profound OSTs I've ever heard.

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #9 of 79
Really loved the movie and ditto for the score. 

But just to nitpick, while I love the score, it's a bit monotonous in overall tone, while it fits perfectly for the pacing and scenes in the movie, it does not stand up on it's own as well without a context of associating it with a particular scene in the movie.

track #12 - Time definitely embodies the entire movie, as it's the finale ending to credits.  But I also really liked the conflict/chase in "Mombasa" that Hans Zimmer et, al, are so well known for.

-Ed

Sep 23, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #11 of 79

Quote:
Really loved the movie and ditto for the score. 

But just to nitpick, while I love the score, it's a bit monotonous in overall tone, while it fits perfectly for the pacing and scenes in the movie, it does not stand up on it's own as well without a context of associating it with a particular scene in the movie.

track #12 - Time definitely embodies the entire movie, as it's the finale ending to credits.  But I also really liked the conflict/chase in "Mombasa" that Hans Zimmer et, al, are so well known for.

-Ed

I agree 150 percent. I only listen to it when I'm in the mood as all of the sounds have the same general theme.
However I LOVE Mombasa, LOVE it. The start with the drums on the right is just amazing (and a good demonstration of the can's soundstage, imaging, etc). 

But yea that song was just perfect for the ending. Perfect. I was _ close to crying in the movies. 

Sep 23, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #12 of 79

Quote:
Track 12 sounds nice but I haven't seen the movie to guess what the track is trying to convey.  

Like... all of the sadness that has gone on in someone's life.... and just the feeling of finally... finally having the one big break that made all of your strife worth the pain.

^I think that sums it all up. 

Sep 24, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #13 of 79
Yeah, Mombasa is another one of the tracks I listen to a lot. The other 2 tracks I listen to most besides Mombasa and Time are: '528491' and 'Dream Is Collapsing'.

Such a great movie -- and soundtrack. I have never felt that way (emotionally or even physically) while watching a movie. Perfect movie with the perfect soundtrack.

Sep 25, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #14 of 79

Quote:
Yeah, Mombasa is another one of the tracks I listen to a lot. The other 2 tracks I listen to most besides Mombasa and Time are: '528491' and 'Dream Is Collapsing'.

Such a great movie -- and soundtrack. I have never felt that way (emotionally or even physically) while watching a movie. Perfect movie with the perfect soundtrack.

Those are my 3rd and4th favorite too
smily_headphones1.gif

The first track is always the first song i listen to though
smily_headphones1.gif

But there are times where.... in 528491.... the ending literally gives me shivers and I love it. Sadly I can't listen to it too much because the feeling fades away after a while; once ever 2 days or so and It's perfect
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 16, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #15 of 79
Thank you Young Spade for this suggestion. Based on the glowing comments, I immediately ordered this soundtrack (I haven't seen the movie, but I love soundtracks). It is really quite powerful. It sounds great through my new HD-600s. So, I thought I'd bump this thread; maybe someone will discover this cd...it's pretty awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back