In need of specific IEM
Jun 11, 2010 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

thornygravy

100+ Head-Fier
I bought some Koss Portapros a couple months ago and I've been listening to them ever since. I love everything about them. Before I got on my Portapros kick, I was listening to UE Super.fi 5 EBs. Now when I try to go back to them, I realize how completely warped the sound is. The bass is completely bloated, which drowns out all the details, and the vocal sibilance frequencies are over pronounced. I must have sensitive ears because the sibilance is unbearable for me.

So I'm going to sell my UE Super.fi 5 EBs and look for something a bit more suited to my tastes.

I want something similar in design, over the ear, replaceable cables. What I don't like is that they are plastic. I've had them crack once, resulting in an RMA, so if possible I would like an IEM what is metal, or very durable.

The hissing or sibilance of the UE Super.fi 5 EBs really annoyed me. I'm looking for something that doesn't have too much of that. I would like something with similar bass of the Portapros, not too overpowering, but not lacking either.

As far as the cord goes, a straight plug is a must. I can't stand 90 degree connectors.

I will mainly be listening to Metal music, and would rather not spend more than $150. I appreciate any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back