In Need of External Crossover For Subwoofer
Mar 18, 2014 at 1:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BigTerminator

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

My current audiophile listening experience takes place with the components in my sig. I have a 2.1 setup of studio monitors and subwoofer going through an Asus Essence ST with an H6 card. Well my H6 does not work so I am getting it RMA'd. This 5.1 add on card gives me a dedicated sub input in which I can digitally through the drivers change the subwoofer crossover. I had it at 80hz and my listening experience was awesome.

But I do know that I will want a different DAC later on and most good DACs are just stereo. Plus I will probably never get a Studio subwoofer which are the only ones that accept XLR inputs. I want an external crossover for the present and the future. I would like one with more options then a simple crossover and I would like to spend no more than around $80. Do you guys have suggestions? I have looked and Behringer makes one but it also includes crossovers for mid driver and tweeter. I do not need that. Only a crossover for the subwoofer and mid driver. Thanks.

Mar 25, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #2 of 2
I just ordered ordered a dbx 223xs for exactly this. As i understand, the behringer  cx2310 is an alternate option. Bosth of these can operate as either a stereo high/low cross over (what you want) XOR as a mono high/mid/low 3way cross over. I think the behringer is what meets your criteria. Make sure you have the correct cables to hook you gear up to it. I needed to order rca-xlr cables for mine.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back