In Ear headphones
Jun 16, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #32 of 35
I look forward to your impressions!

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #33 of 35
im slightly concerned by your finding the denons lacking.

you realise that your hear bass but you dont get the feel which the body is used to getting, it can take a while to adjust to only hearing bass. 

still like cripple says be interesting to see what you make of them

Jun 24, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #34 of 35
  the denons are on amazon US for US$79.  the IE80s and the C300's are not comparable products, the senns are on a vastly superior level of audio quality.

frankly for the money and bassy there is nothing better than the senns, they are top tier stuff that just happens to be priced very cheaply in sennheisers home market.  pricing can amonge products vary wildly in differing countries.

@cripple ahh but remeber the IE80 is a dynamic verses the W3's BA drivers. the quantity of air they move are very different

I picked up the Denons for $79, I haven't heard the IE80's but they are going to be a way better headphone for critical listening. And IDK about the whole BA and bass thing with the ZO2 my SE535's THUMP! like I'm afraid I might wreck them lol.

oh and something to note and keep in mind, the senns really want a huge long burn in period.  it takes them a couple of hundred hours to be their best which i know sounds crazy.  just give them a little time and im sure you will greatly enjoy them.

oh and do remember to come back and share with others what you make of them.

Hmmmm idk I'm not gain to say burn in doesn't exist but im my experience burn in decreases over time with the most changes being in the first few hours about 50% more change in the next 10 hours, some more in the next 20-40 and then almost nothing ever changing past 50 or so.

I'll post some pictures when i'll get the IE 80's and write down what i think about them. I can easily afford them if i sell my old Denon AH-D340, they can't play bass at all, sucks!

If you can "easily afford them" I'm guna say go for it.

im slightly concerned by your finding the denons lacking.

you realise that your hear bass but you dont get the feel which the body is used to getting, it can take a while to adjust to only hearing bass. 

still like cripple says be interesting to see what you make of them

Yeah the 340's and even D600's are nothing compared to the D5000's bass or the Urban Ravers. I found every IEM I could get my hands on including the AH-C300's bass very lacking in quantity until I threw a Sony player with bass boost or a ZO2 on them. The are good headphones, its just when something says "EXTRA BASS" or "BASS YOU CAN FEEL" etc (Sony XBA-H1's, AH-C300's,). I expect a ton of bass, like Sol-republic bass, more than just 3db over my SE215's, and more than my Klipsch R(for reference lol)6's have (which I guess is a lot), but they don't, they sort of have a balanced with a good low end sound until you throw a bass EQ at them.

Sep 8, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #35 of 35
I FINALLY bought the Sennheiser IE80s! They sound extremely good and i'm very happy with them. 1 thing. Is searched the whole internet about how the bass/frequency adjudting works. Literally no results. Can someone explain me, very detailed, how it works?:)

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back