Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 29, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #16,876 of 18,249
Will be interesting to see where IMR goes from here. I doubt pre-orders will work anymore, besides Bob said he did not want to do pre-orders anymore. That being the case maybe he can only make a very small run of a (relatively) inexpensive IEM and start working up from there?
Was it last newsletter when he said he had new funding [for the future?]
Bob is saying no to pre-orders since last three years and we see new pre-orders every 6 months. Having said that if he manages to get fund somehow, then in my opinion he must deliver all the pending orders within a fixed timeline without any ususal BS. And he should honor all the refund request for those who don't want to wait anymore or don't want the product at all.
Only after this, he can salvage whatever respect is left for him.

Jan 29, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #16,877 of 18,249
A dear comrade from Head Fi allowed me to adopt a set of Titans which will be arriving soon.
This is an already burned in unit and I don't want to waste time experimenting with filters.
So I would appreciate your proposals, all of you with Titan experience.
I use blue bottom and red top for my personal listening pleasure with Titan giving a BIG bass and amazing clarity and sparkle from the top end. I listen to Classic Rock, Blues, R'n'b, Americana and hip hop

Jan 29, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #16,878 of 18,249
Bob is saying no to pre-orders since last three years and we see new pre-orders every 6 months. Having said that if he manages to get fund somehow, then in my opinion he must deliver all the pending orders within a fixed timeline without any ususal BS. And he should honor all the refund request for those who don't want to wait anymore or don't want the product at all.
True dat, I guess thats why he was trying to move away from the Pre-orders...although maybe not financially feasible with an IEM such as the Enigma !?
Shame really, as Bart Simpson said 'doomed of you do and doomed if you don't'
OF COURSE not making excuses but just saying it must be tricky making these last high end model IEMs as a small business

Jan 29, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #16,879 of 18,249
I listen to Classic Rock, Blues, R'n'b, Americana and hip hop
If Joe walsh played a funky slide guitar and rapped over it I reckon you would be in Hog Heaven :) :D

Jan 29, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #16,880 of 18,249
True dat, I guess thats why he was trying to move away from the Pre-orders...although maybe not financially feasible with an IEM such as the Enigma !?
Shame really, as Bart Simpson said 'doomed of you do and doomed if you don't'
OF COURSE not making excuses but just saying it must be tricky making these last high end model IEMs as a small business
Agreed, it is hard to make expensive iems like Titan and Enigma without a decent fund flow for a small botique store. There is nothing wrong in doing a pre-order. But the problem is when you keep deviating from your promise again and again, then it dents your creditibility and you get sucked up in a vicious cycle of all sort of unwanted problems and lies.

Jan 29, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #16,881 of 18,249
No Enigma. But I have Avalon of which Titan is a development
driver-wise. Let's see how it sounds then.

Actually the last pre-order from IMR for me was ACE.
After the experience of the time it took to receive it,
I only bought stock from IMR or the second hand market then on.

I really feel for you brother and the others here, having to see Enigmas landing
but not their own. But I am sure you will get yours soon and its going to be
astonishing.
I also bought Avalon and Seraph used.
I still listen to them on alternate days along with the mest mk2.

Seraph is the one I like the most though.
Obviously Titan is end game stuff so there is no comparison with the other models.

Jan 29, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #16,884 of 18,249
Bob also said no more limited edition iems but then the enigma and enigma + came out lol

Jan 29, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #16,885 of 18,249
Bob also said no more limited edition iems but then the enigma and enigma + came out lol
I think there were even others. Could be wrong, but I thought Titan or Zion followed his "no more" announcement.

Or perhaps (not that it matters) he said Titan would be the last, and then Zion and Enigma were announced.

Jan 29, 2024 at 2:33 PM Post #16,886 of 18,249
Agreed, it is hard to make expensive iems like Titan and Enigma without a decent fund flow for a small botique store.
Are we even sure the price for those models was fair based on their components and technology involved?

Jan 29, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #16,887 of 18,249
Are we even sure the price for those models was fair based on their components and technology involved?
Sorry, I am no expert on price. And I personally believe that a creator is free to quote any price for his product reasonable or not reasonable. It is very subjective. Utlimately its all depend on how a buyer perceive it. For example all those niche fashion brands like Guccie and so on charge exorbitant price for their leather products. Apple charge almost 30 to 40 times for iphone storage variants than what actually it costs to them. So, it's all on the fanbase and satisfied customers at the end. :)

Jan 29, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #16,890 of 18,249
No Enigma. But I have Avalon of which Titan is a development
driver-wise. Let's see how it sounds then.
Not actually, Avalon was based on ADLC DD, meanwhile the bespoke DD that is mounted on Titan is the evolution of Elan, Astra, Elysium n Opus Meluis bespoke DD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back