• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 2, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #14,071 of 18,257
My view:

Pre-ordering with IMR is like investing. You pays your money and you takes your chances. Just don't spend more than you can afford to lose. If I lose money, I only have myself to blame. Understand the risks and you'll be fine.

I've never heard of a single instance where Bob didn't process a refund IMMEDIATELY when requested. So the odds of losing your investment is very low.

People tolerate his business model because he's an eccentric genius with IEMs. We love the finished product (when it finally arrives). If you don't like it, then request a refund and just move on with your life.
Honey. Eccentric doesn’t mean irresponsible

Sep 2, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #14,072 of 18,257
Ok. It may be as you say. People can decide to "invest" or "not invest" in their business model (funny way of defining it, by the way. I thought it was about "buying" a product).
But please don't add insult to injury by trying to justify the unjustifiable with absurd theories that try to defend the indefensible. This is treating people like idiots.

Just saying "it is what it is, if you want it, take it and if you don't, leave it" is enough. Defending Bob's histrionic theories only increases the anger of those who are losing money with this whole crap. And yes: There are a lot of people who are losing money on all this crap.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #14,073 of 18,257
Honey. Eccentric doesn’t mean irresponsible
It means whatever you want it to mean, cupcake.

Don't like it? Then don't buy anything. It's pretty simple.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #14,074 of 18,257
I guess some of you are in denial or naive in the worst sense. IMR are a shameful company. After the last few years we would have to be deluded to trust any statements by Bob. Whatever he says are fairy tales and lies. Just wrong ethics.... in a big way.

Sep 2, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #14,075 of 18,257
Funny how each time someone says something about the issue, there’s a bunch of praise for other failure deliveries, as if saying “ oh this other one that was as well late and no one knew If it would or would not be delivered is soooooooooo good! It makes up for bad business strategies and total blindness about our money, even being lied about the situation makes the soundstage bigger and wider”
Your mixing 2 seperate things
1. When I get a new IMR I listen and talk about it here in the 'IMR IMPRESSIONS thread' giving impressions - Usually enjoying immensely and being enthusiastic

2. There is a pre-order process which hasn't worked well due to always being delayed. People have stated here multiple times that yes there will be delays but the IEM will arrive eventually OR you can get an immediate refund. I don't recal reading people here doubting their IEM will actually arrive

3. NO_ONE has said the quality of IMR Iems 'MAKES UP FOR BAD BUSINESS' - Sorry if that's your impression
Most people here are here to only share their impression of what they are hearing

If I am writing to IMR about when my NaLe will arrive then that is what I am dong and I may well be frustrated at THAT time
When I am listening to and enjoying my Elan+ I not getting angry and refusing to listen anymore because of aspects of the business.

To add - No-one is DEFENDING anything.
There is just a difference in being pragmatic and accepting a situation to the degree in which you can change it or not and expressing yourself from that view.

As I said before we are free to view things however we choose. These are just my own personal views.

> I hope we are at least all united in enjoying the sound of IMR in general and I think its fair to say we are all together in not appreciating long delays or excuses.

> Apologies if OP brought up bad feelings again to the fore

Everyone KNOWS the business model of pre-orders with IMR and the excuses made has not, and does not work. WE ALL KNOW THAT.
No-one is denying that or defending that.
Knock yourself out but personally & fundamentally I would rather talk about and share the joy I get from listening to music from my IMR's and maybe how different filters cables effect the sound etc etc not out of denial but because sharing what I love makes more sense to my day and I hope others better

PS - sorry for the bold - cannot turn the bloody thing off ):

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #14,076 of 18,257
Your mixing 2 seperate things
1. When I get a new IMR I listen and talk about it here in the 'IMR IMPRESSIONS thread' giving impressions - Usually enjoying immensely and being enthusiastic

2. There is a pre-order process which hasn't worked well due to always being delayed. People have stated here multiple times that yes there will be delays but the IEM will arrive eventually OR you can get an immediate refund. I don't recal reading people here doubting their IEM will actually arrive

3. NO_ONE has said the quality of IMR Iems 'MAKES UP FOR BAD BUSINESS' - Sorry if that's your impression
Most people here are here to only share their impression of what they are hearing

If I am writing to IMR about when my NaLe will arrive then that is what I am dong and I may well be frustrated at THAT time
When I am listening to and enjoying my Elan+ I not getting angry and refusing to listen anymore because of aspects of the business.
Sorry, but I don't think you have grasped either the irony or the meaning of the message.

Sep 2, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #14,078 of 18,257
IMR Audio : Sonic Adventures & Impressions

Sonic Adventures: If you read last ten pages, only a few are talking about IMR stuff (logical: there are no news in IMR stuff because of this crap). Main talks were about other IEMs. May be this people is missusing the thread, as I think you're suggesting.

Impressions: We all are talking about impressions of IMR. Impressions of the company's poor management and lack of ethics. I think that this can be included as impressions, isn't it? Or may be we are missusing the thread, as I think you're suggesting.

If you think that we must go to other thread, please say it directly, because to me it seems clear that you are suggesting that.

Sep 2, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #14,079 of 18,257
IMR Audio : Sonic Adventures & Impressions

Sonic Adventures: If you read last ten pages, only a few are talking about IMR stuff (logical: there are no news in IMR stuff because of this crap). Main talks were about other IEMs. May be this people is missusing the thread, as I think you're suggesting.

Impressions: We all are talking about impressions of IMR. Impressions of the company's poor management and lack of ethics. I think that this can be included as impressions, isn't it? Or may be we are missusing the thread, as I think you're suggesting.

See below from post 1 why no misuse of the thread has occured.

In this thread you can discover, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for shenanigans.

Sep 2, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #14,080 of 18,257
If you think that we must go to other thread, please say it directly, because to me it seems clear that you are suggesting that.
Everyone is free to say and do as they wish.
End of the day though fundamentally, we all share two things. We all want to be happy and we all want to avoid un-happiness
In this regard I would love to hear your thoughts, impressions or what you find that works really well with whatever IMR you are currently enjoying.
Perhaps fair to say we have all at one point or another expressed our dissatisfactions with certain aspects of IMR business. Fair enough . . . but this has brought nothing of benefit to the thread.
Although of course we should be able to vent our frustrations here as well

However, peoples sharing of ear tips, cables, sources, filter combo's, musical recommendations and so on has been brilliant. Found new friends here.

So what I am trying to say to you is you are free to go, stay or do whatever you want but personally, I would much rather discuss with you what you love and derive enjoyment from that what annoys you :)
BTW One of the funniest things I ever saw was Kermit riding a bicycle !

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #14,081 of 18,257
. . . but this has brought nothing of benefit to the thread.

Nothing of benefit to who, exactly?

Is It not benefical to potential customers to know what IS happening?
Is it not beneficial to raise our discomfort with an obviously unfair situation, with the hope that Bob read this and come to his senses?

Sometimes you make comments that sound like they were made by imr's public relations department.

Sep 2, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #14,082 of 18,257
. . . but this has brought nothing of benefit to the thread.

Nothing of benefit to who, exactly?

Is It not benefical to potential customers to know what IS happening?
Is it not beneficial to raise our discomfort with an obviously unfair situation, with the hope that Bob read this and come to his senses?
Im sorry, a forum with written words alone is a very difficult place to communicate effectively in. I've tried to be as clear as possible
In fact I don't think I can be any clearer or more balanced and fair.

benefical to potential customers to know what IS happening'
My original post was intended as exactly that '!! - A clear short precise explanation of the cause of the recent delays. Whether rightly or wrongly there are some who, no matter what you say will just shout 'Witch, witch, burn him' and for those people and others I added you are free to believe whatever you wish.

Is it not beneficial to raise our discomfort with an obviously unfair situation
I have said time and time again that of course we can and should express our dissatisfaction here but to ONLY fill this thread with that is not the point of the thread.
Again, as I have expressed very clearly. By benefit I mean just that...what we enjoy with our IMR;s and findings that tweak or better the sound. This BENEFITS peoples enjoyment of the listening

with the hope that Bob read this and come to his senses?

I don't think Bob comes here or reads the comments . . . which is why I have written to him on a number of occasions, respectfully and clearly making it very clear peoples unhappiness and concerns as raised in this thread. No-one can force someone else to change or make them do what we want them to.
However...
As a community we got together a while ago and all offered input into drafting an 'official' letter expressing our concerns

I have nothing to do with IMR or Bob. As I have said multiple times, I have met him once and communicated with him a lot over the years and as such I feel I have some measure of him as a 'person'. As a business man - we all agree that certain aspects do not and are not working.

Having a vent is one thing, expressing dissatisfaction from time to time is another thing but if we are not careful then the thread just becomes a hate train which will lead to no-where

Instead of just complaining and accusing other more positive minded members in this thread of this and that then why not actually do something - Write to Bob, (as you would wish to be written to) - express your concerns, get your money back
or wait for your order

Back to your other question. It seem like you don't want to bring anything positive here. No judgement but maybe you would be happier elsewhere?

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #14,083 of 18,257
"Back to your other question. It seem like you don't want to bring anything positive here. No judgement but maybe you would be happier elsewhere?"

...wonderful way to tell someone they'd better go away. No judgement, say!

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #14,084 of 18,257
"Back to your other question. It seem like you don't want to bring anything positive here. No judgement but maybe you would be happier elsewhere?"

...wonderful way to tell someone they'd better go away
jeezus wept - You seem obsessed with only seeing, picking up on and grabbing onto negative stuff
By all means stay but PLEASE can we talk about something you enjoy ?
I don't know how to more clear. I would love nothing more than to chat with you and share what you enjoy :)
Which IMR's have you bought - Did you like them/it - which filters did you find worked best and what source did you use. What kind of music do you like

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #14,085 of 18,257
I do'mt think Bob comes here or reads the comments . .

I'm quite sure he does

"if we are not careful then the thread just becomes a hate train which will lead to no-where"

Or a warning for whoever wants to "invest"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back