Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 28, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #14,026 of 18,257
I feel you friend, but my hopes were shuttered with the Nyx BT+. As great a little BT cable as it is, it is no match to BTR7 when it comes to Avalons.
Never had the Nyx BT+ but the iFi GO Pod is magnificent with all the IEMs you can see in my signature, besides the Elan+
When I say, Magnificent, I mean at least equal or even better than the BTR7 or the Qudelix-5K, without any EQ, of course. The only device I own and sounds better to me is the Mojo 2, which I use once a month or 45 days, maybe.

I am 95% sure that the GO Pod/Elan+ bad synergy has to do with the auto-detection of the impedance from iFi Audio.
Just hoping that since the Enigma AMT+ will not be so picky when it comes to production, within common sense speaking, they will synergise well.

Aug 28, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #14,027 of 18,257
Never had the Nyx BT+ but the iFi GO Pod is magnificent with all the IEMs you can see in my signature, besides the Elan+
When I say, Magnificent, I mean at least equal or even better than the BTR7 or the Qudelix-5K, without any EQ, of course. The only device I own and sounds better to me is the Mojo 2, which I use once a month or 45 days, maybe.

I am 95% sure that the GO Pod/Elan+ bad synergy has to do with the auto-detection of the impedance from iFi Audio.
Just hoping that since the Enigma AMT+ will not be so picky when it comes to production, within common sense speaking, they will synergise well.
Strange, I thought as other free wireless adapters it wouldn't be powerful enough for IMR buds. I had the Fiio UTWS5 and they definitely did not push Dark Matter and Avalon enough.
You intrigue me...

Aug 28, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #14,029 of 18,257
I had the Fiio UTWS5 and they definitely did not push Dark Matter and Avalon enough.
Thanks for mentioning. I was a little curious about the UTWS5 ... sounds like I needn't bother.

Aug 28, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #14,030 of 18,257
Strange, I thought as other free wireless adapters it wouldn't be powerful enough for IMR buds. I had the Fiio UTWS5 and they definitely did not push Dark Matter and Avalon enough.
You intrigue me...
As you can see in my signature, which I always keep updated, I own 2 pairs of the UTWS5, together with the iFi GO Pod. It is my personal and subjective opinion that the GO Pod is twice as good as the UTWS5. At least! I need to add here that more than 90% of my listening was happening and is happening using such Bluetooth adapters, like the UTWS5 and the GO Pod. Due to my lifestyle, I need to move around, indoors and outdoors, with my hands, free. No cables, no bulk devices, not even the phone in the same room with me, while indoors.

It was a huge disappointment for me that the Elan+ does not synergise well with the GO Pod. However, if you have other IEMs, any IEM, I can almost guarantee that it will play lovely with the GO Pod! You can read a few reviews and impressions, even here on the site, and give it a try. You can always return it within 14 days, or something.

Aug 29, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #14,035 of 18,257
Nice review of the GO Pod and I fully agree that it is a much-much better product than the UTWS5.

One important thing, though! This review was posted on May 31, 2023.
On or around Jul 28, 2023, though, a new firmware came out which brought significant sonic improvements to the GO Pod! Every GO Pod owner admitted that!

And, after that, another firmware came out which made the GO Pod even better and also excellent for phone calls!

It is an Amazing product, the best of its kind! 💓💓

PS: I just wish it could synergise well with my Elan+ !! I think it might be the only IEM with which it does not synergise well... 🥹That's why I'll replace it!

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #14,036 of 18,257
The Titan has landed ENDGAME achieved.
My journey has been fun will be watching from the wings from now on.

Aug 30, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #14,037 of 18,257
Oh, congrats! I didn't know you had opted for the Titan. In fact ... I remember a year ago you said it was out of your range. :relaxed:

I'm very glad it's the holy grail for your ears.

Aug 30, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #14,038 of 18,257
Someone do a bit of eBay shopping? 😏

Enjoy them, they look a fantastic set! :)

Oh and also your watching, I think we'll be doing the waiting! 💀

Aug 30, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #14,039 of 18,257
Anyone get any shipping updates for the zion / na-le since the last update saying people should wait about two weeks and decide if they want refunds or not? I saw that posted here but I never got that email and my shipping as of July 21st still says "The sender has let us know they have despatched your item."

I just assume it's not coming and I'm beyond frustrated.

Aug 30, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #14,040 of 18,257
Anyone get any shipping updates for the zion / na-le since the last update saying people should wait about two weeks and decide if they want refunds or not? I saw that posted here but I never got that email and my shipping as of July 21st still says "The sender has let us know they have despatched your item."

I just assume it's not coming and I'm beyond frustrated.
No nothing at all, my tracking say "Sorry we haven't tried to deliver it yet, so we don't have any updates" usually means standard (cheap) delivery. The update you read was in the IMR news section on the website

Users who are viewing this thread

Back