Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 23, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #13,981 of 18,467
I think I am one of the few who was a little let down by Penon 10th, its good but not eye-opening. More like cozy and fun IEM, solid and safe tuning. Might be spoiled by other sets, actually find Penon Serial, ISN NEO 5 and EST50 from Penon better. But this is personal opinion.

But customer service and delivery times are excellent with Penon.

Personally I'm not buying more from Penon, due to how as a reviewer Penon was pushy and rude to me. Try to control reviews in their favor, as in don't use better IEMs for comparing.
And since I recent gave a product 4 star I have since been removed from discount mails, and he is not offering any more review discounts.
I'm lucky I have little interest in reviewing. There is always some manipulation for positive reviews. I always ask for a discount for things in all walks of life. It would be silly not to. I don't like to be controlled I and comment in the best way I can. Definitely some Brands 'OWN' reviewers

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #13,982 of 18,467
I know this sounds boring, but due to the almost 100% positive reviews of the 10th, maybe unit variation is at hand. Just a thought. I don't have the ISN Neon 5, but I do have the ISN H40 which is a very special IEM. I like the 10 Anniversary more than the Serial, which I ♥️ too.
As everything else this is very subjective, one thing for sure Penon is good in tuning nice IEMs 💯

Aug 23, 2023 at 7:09 AM Post #13,983 of 18,467
I know this sounds boring, but due to the almost 100% positive reviews of the 10th, maybe unit variation is at hand. Just a thought. I don't have the ISN Neon 5, but I do have the ISN H40 which is a very special IEM. I like the 10 Anniversary more than the Serial, which I ♥️ too.
The 10th Anniversary is incredible!
I own all ISN iem and almost all PENON ones too!
That gives me the ability to compare better than most how the 10th stacks up.
If you are a person that favours neutral tunings , such as Leonard does I might understand he does not favour the 10th but that is also somewhat strange as I do know he is a fan of the Neo which by comparison is less balanced.

Personally the 10th has found a perfect balance between keeping first and foremost the Penon house sound alive , amazing full bass that brings that speaker feeling alive in your ears, almost perfect mids that brake away slightly from the PENON style but maintain themselves clean , organic and fun, all complemented by probably one of the best EST implementation at sub 1000usd.

Serial is one of my favourite but it just can't keep up with the upper mids and treble of the 10th.

Neo 5 is a bass beast.... tremendous in that aspect but not as musically balanced overall.

I think that ultimately Penon and ISN have enough variety in their products to satisfy most people and as well peoples likes and dislikes are very subjective and dependent on music preference and preferred tuning style!

Aug 23, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #13,984 of 18,467
The 10th Anniversary is incredible!
I own all ISN iem and almost all PENON ones too!
That gives me the ability to compare better than most how the 10th stacks up.
If you are a person that favours neutral tunings , such as Leonard does I might understand he does not favour the 10th but that is also somewhat strange as I do know he is a fan of the Neo which by comparison is less balanced.

Personally the 10th has found a perfect balance between keeping first and foremost the Penon house sound alive , amazing full bass that brings that speaker feeling alive in your ears, almost perfect mids that brake away slightly from the PENON style but maintain themselves clean , organic and fun, all complemented by probably one of the best EST implementation at sub 1000usd.

Serial is one of my favourite but it just can't keep up with the upper mids and treble of the 10th.

Neo 5 is a bass beast.... tremendous in that aspect but not as musically balanced overall.

I think that ultimately Penon and ISN have enough variety in their products to satisfy most people and as well peoples likes and dislikes are very subjective and dependent on music preference and preferred tuning style!
Nothing wrong with 10th, just didn't impress me as much as some other IEMs 😁

Maybe just how we perceive differences due to ears and such. Need to do a full AB later against Serial and EST50. Loaning the 10th for some weeks to try it, some sets impress you more from get go. Just didnt happen here, also had heard a very nice IEM before 10th arrived that hit my sweet spot on tonality.

I like many tonalitys, top five now is both bassy and neutral IEMs. Good to mix it up for different moods.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #13,985 of 18,467
Jesus why was there so many versions and bob was offering custom molds as well 🤯
Also the amt was 10mm but the enigma is 8mm
So did bob take deposits for the stingray?
I wonder what bob do with all the 10mm amt drivers
:D From one point of view he is always experimenting with new drivers / tuning / builds
and from another pov you can find your perfect sound from amongst them even be it his cheapest such as the Ozar

Aug 23, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #13,986 of 18,467
:D From one point of view he is always experimenting with new drivers / tuning / builds
and from another pov you can find your perfect sound from amongst them even be it his cheapest such as the Ozar
The Ozar is a great single DD IEM. ♥️ it.

Aug 23, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #13,987 of 18,467
Nothing wrong with 10th, just didn't impress me as much as some other IEMs 😁

Maybe just how we perceive differences due to ears and such. Need to do a full AB later against Serial and EST50. Loaning the 10th for some weeks to try it, some sets impress you more from get go. Just didnt happen here, also had heard a very nice IEM before 10th arrived that hit my sweet spot on tonality.

I like many tonalitys, top five now is both bassy and neutral IEMs. Good to mix it up for different moods.
I’m with you Leonard. I found 10th AE to be very good at the “it’s exactly as competent as it should be at the price/configuration” but did not find it to be even the best tribrid at the price IMO

Aug 24, 2023 at 12:31 AM Post #13,989 of 18,467
+1 for Ozar love.
Mine has been sporting xduoo colours for a while
1000002489.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #13,993 of 18,467
IMR shipping B**S**t continues; it appears IMR screw*d big this time....

This man really lost all contact to reality and needs professional help.
We are no longer talking about delays……

Users who are viewing this thread

Back